Mites in the Drying Room

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Blueberry Haze, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Most of my plants upper branches that are hanging upside down are covered in little webs. I can see tiny brown things(mites?)moving in the webbing. Is it ok to trim them and just scrape off the webs as best I can?

2. can you not just run a lighter lightly past them it might make them go away?

3. I could try im just wondering what will happen if i harvest them like this. I dont want mites crawling around in the jars while im curing

4. from my understanding the mites SHOULD leave the herb alone as its removed from the plant...i was told that they have no use for the plant once its not receiving energy (ie. once u chop).

i had an issue like this (bugs...no webs) during harvest and by the time they were done hanging there was no bug to be seen anywhere.

so be patient and get a scope and check the buds before you put them in the bag/jar

5. is that a joke?... i hope so

Introduce some Ladybugs into your grow room. They don't harm your plants and they eat spider mites.

6. hmm wierd,

never heard of that.

you had them during the whole grow and never noticed then man.

cause they dont just jump onto plants that quick.

neem oil would worked when it was alive, but now i have no idea.

maybe soak in water for a half second or two.

its not the best idea, but its better then no weed at all

7. Soak you're buds in water for a second or two? I would not recommend that to anyone@!!!! The guy above me is correct, they will leave the plant once it's dry. Spiders and insects are you're friend and keep the bad bugs from eating you're plants alive!

8. lol yea i wouldnt soak my buds in anything at this point. thanks tho. i guess ill just trim em and jar em and see what happens. I dried and cured 6 branches like 2 weeks ago and all that stuff was fine. better than fine actually ;)
    worst case scenario i end up smoking some mite carcasses and tiny web residue...lol

9. leave em hanging they will die as ur plant is drier...but eggs will keep hatching....sorry dude...