Mite Spray burned my plants!!:( Doktor Doom Go Green )

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hoveya, Jul 16, 2018.

1. hey guys i havent had to actually post here before ive been very lucky.... im on my 3rd grow (last 2 very successful).. i got spider mites, no big deal ive had them before.....i used the same spray i always have ( doktor doom go green ) and waited till the lights were off... i opened my tent today to the tips of a bunch of my leaves dying! its not a nute deficiency and my PH run is a solid 6.8 which is perfect for soil..... my friend is telling me i sprayed too close and it killed some of my foliage but says “IT SHOULD BOUNCE BACK”.... ill attach a pic, is my baby dying or is my friend right? :(..... ill also add there was no sign of this before i sprayed.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Natural light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

3. My spray did not burn my plants but the excess Nitrogen in the spray did - I had to give mine 2 good flushes and cut my nutes back - mine are recovering now

• Like Like x 1
  4. thanks bys but it bounced back i just had to chill out a bit... switched to a new light today too much healthier already

5. #5 Storm Crow, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    And next time, try this- How to Use Dr. Bronners As Insecticidal Soap (news - 2014)
    How to Use Dr. Bronners As Insecticidal Soap | Hunker
    I like the Peppermint variety of Dr Bronner's. It smells FAR better than most insecticides. Dr Bronner's also comes in Eucalyptus and Tea Tree scents. Using an insecticidal soap has a number of advantages.

It is NON-TOXIC and SAFE to use around kids and pets. Since the soap kills by removing the waxy coat and causing a horrible death by dehydration, mites can NOT become "resistant" or immune to the soap! And since you can easily rinse off any soapy residues (and dead mites) with plain old water the next day, you are not smoking whatever chemical delight that was in your bug spray! :confused: A small bottle will run you about $5 which is plenty since you only use 1 tsp per quart of water. With smaller plants, I just whip up a whole bucketful, put a cardboard disc with a slit over the soil, and dip the whole plant!

Downside- You do have to be sure to do a good job spraying, or dipping, because it kills by stripping of the mite's waxy coating, so the bugs have to get wet. This means really getting the underside of the leaves wet. It may not kill eggs, so you need to repeat it every 3 days.

Also, Dr Bronner's is all natural, made from "Fair Trade" items, and is manufactured in the US.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. thank you so much! im absolutely going to look into wether or not my hydro stores got some!

Grow Da Marijuana, you know i got it if you want it?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Try the health food store or drug store!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Add a tsp or two of canola oil to your soap spray for extra kick. Dr. Doom uses it in their formula too I think. If not many other use it as their active ingredient. Suffocates the little bastards. Finally found a use for canola oil as I sure as hell won't eat that toxic GMO crap.

I use that Safer's End All II with some added neem or canola oil. It's just insecticidal soap with pyrethrins so pretty non-toxic and kills bugs dead as hell. Every fourth day for 4 treatments and soak 'em good top and bottom.

Good luck as mites are hell.

9. What spray did you use that has N in it? And why flush the plants to get rid of something you sprayed on the leaves? Sounds hinkey to me.

I'm pretty sure you just fed with too high a nute level.

10. It was an off brand plant soap from truevalue hardware - tested it in water to see high NIT level
    was praying leaves and soil.till wet and then rinsing plants in Am and it drained into soil
    Did not test the soil but figured it had to be high as well so i.flushed
    Nutes are general organics mixed.to schedule from their site
    after flush cut that back to a .75 mix and they look good now

Sent from my V813s Core4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. I tried those GO nutes 10 years ago and didn't like the results. Me and organics don't get along well so I stick to hydro nutes.

Ever since Scott's/Monsanto bought GH/GO, Gavita and Botanicaire I won't buy any of their stuff. Never have bought GH anything as they have denied us pot growers ever since they began and I won't give companies like that any of my money.

You'll soon be able to buy that stuff at Walmart but I don't shop there either. ;)

12. I plan on using canna products just could not afford yet
    just read that they got bought this week - wont be buying again

Sent from my V813s Core4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. heres an up date a half week later, the burns are a pale yellow and lots of new growth over top.... so obviously they kicked back.... in the futre people FOG THEM FROM A DISTANCE dont spray them close even if u have the lights off you CAN burn your plants easily with this stuf....

**the only reason im making this post so thorough is because i couldnt find ANYTHING online om peoples plants burning from DOKTOR DOOM Go Green Spray.

14. [​IMG]