Mistakes YOU Made

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by burped, May 15, 2011.

1. WHEN DOING HEMPY...make sure you BUILD a drain nossle your bucket is a pain in the ASSS not having one perlite gets all jammed up n its hard to drain

2. Light from power strips! ohnoes!... I had a feeling that it wouldn't be a good thing, even though 1 light is green, other red (i hear green does little to 'em)... I have some reflective tape i used to mend some duct together.... pitch black now... just curious though, did yours herm on you b/c of it?

3. Too little light.
    Not painting the walls flat white.
    bad nutrients.
    I NEVER flushed one time.
    Nuted all the way through harvest.
    Messed up the dark periods toooooo much.
    Never programmed my timer. (timing was FUCKED up) :p

Miracle grow soil!

4. ROFL, how did it taste?

I feel you the proxy servers.

5. #45 Ccoastal, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Like buttered butthole I'm guessing

6. Over heating
    Over watering
    Light height
    Feeding too much
    Harvesting too early
    Growing with potheads
    Growing with friends
    Telling friend about growing
    Telling girls about growing (I know...I was in college and it got me laid quite a few times)

7. #47 Zero_Hero, May 24, 2011
    Eeeeewwwwwwwwww

8. Not using a humidity dome.

9. New one...

Hydro can be VERY picky...their is not a huge BUFFERING zone between PPM levels and you must be very precise with it , even with hempy buckets *type of hydro*

10. Bumping this thread for justice.

For the love of the art, list off your fixes to please.

11. #51 Ccoastal, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2011
    Growing in my bedroom during adolescence, without parents knowing....for a bit, twas hard to hide the smell after a while so I kept an automatic air freshener by my door so anytime someone opened it it would spray, and I kept my window open with a fan blowing out so my room had neg pressure(air coming in from rest of house), still didn't help a lot needed Ona gel wish they made it back then

12. lol go c men... Yeah just a precautionary tip to ANYONE to EVER to hempy you must get a PH/PPM meter before attempting.... thank you.

I had a Bbbb bitch of a time trying to keep up with 3 different sets of clones...

Reason being: Each set of clones was different from the last, being that my LAST batch was the most healthiest and the 2nd to 1st batch was less and less healthy.... So they required different FEEDING PPM's and boy i should of just bit the bullet and spent the 100$ on the PH meter right away because i fucked around for 2 months without one giving me a pain in the ass.

Peace out, designerz

13. #53 Ccoastal, Jun 12, 2011
    Everytime haha

14. this might make me sound a little conceited but i dont care... i believe i didnt make any "mistakes" on my first 2 grows. i grew plants to sexual maturity from seed. it wasnt until my 3rd grow when i got females did i start fuckin up with the nutes, still ended up being decent bud... i dont have alot of cash to throw into this little hobby of mine so i use what i have, it might not be the best setup but it works for me.. depending on the yield of my current grow i might upgrade to a 150w hps system but i am not sure if it would be ideal for my small box without having to buy a mini a/c unit.

15. My first outdoor grow, first grow ever: I started 30 seeds under a 60w incandescent, then raised the light to cover a wider area. By the time the seedlings made it outside, they were ~8 long. Yes long, not high, because they were lying flat on the ground. Memories.

Simon

16. Only used 2700k bulbs for veg, didnt work for me
    Didnt use a loupe on harvest
    Havested to early
    Not buying a proper fan
    Making a crappy box

DO NOT SKIMP, I KNOW YOU WANT TO GETSTARTED, BUT IT WILL ONLY DELAY U

17. overwatering seeds, seedlings.
    not using a heating pad to germinate.
    over fertilizing and burning your plant.
    fertilizing too early
    not mixing D lime in with soil.
    mixing hydroton in with soil.
    being paranoid because i told a couple people about growing.
    having other plants inside the house, causing a gnat infection with small larvae that ate my seedlings.
    not doing research on GC before buying a bunch of shit. you gotta have a plan, man.
    doing DWC without a central res. talk about a pain in the ass

18. Can cops track the people that grow marijuana through this?

19. [quote name='"gmoneyyyy"']Can cops track the people that grow marijuana through this?[/quote]

Yes... Better get hiding man!