Missed the harvest window

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Oldsoldier420, Sep 19, 2012.

1. #1 Oldsoldier420, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
    This is the situation I had a great indoor grow big buds loaded with crystals. Had family emergency
    And had to leave for about 10 days my associate kept things watered but failed to harvest when I returned the buds are still big but the crystals disappeared and the tops of the buds started to get white hairs on top. Is there anyway to salvage the grow I have heard as long as they are still 12 and 12 it's ok.
    Has anyone else had this screw up before?
    I didn't know how to post a photo from my phone so I put a picture of the bud on my profile pic

image-4163562663.jpg

Buds

Attached Files:

2. Pics would help

3. I figured out the photos here they are
    Any ideas like I said all the crystals disappeared

4. how many weeks they go, mine look alot like that but at 9 weeks and still getin crystals heh

5. They went 15 days past the 60 day flower period and it's like the crystals just disappeared.
    Strain is grand daddy purple (GDP)
    I have harvested early before but never late.
    I know someone else has to have made the same screw up.

6. Are they wet looks like it in one of the pics and that will do it this late in budding

7. Your not that much Over, just because the seed package says 60 days doesn't mean itl be done by then.

I personally dont think it's ready you should let it go til the white hairs recede.

8. The hairs that started on top is like new growth that's why it's so confusing
    They are dry not wet at all they were all sticky and now they are not

9. They went 15 days past the 60 day flower period

That 60 day flower period means squat. I regularly flower 8 week strains for 12, (and sometimes more) weeks.

j

10. ur case of the disappearing crystals does scare me tho lol, did they get super humid and ruined them? or cud u spray them off ? lol im a noob and confused

if it rlly is a new set of milky hairs up top then wats goin on lol, so wish had daily pics of when ur buddy was tending lol

11. Sounds to me like your "associates" played you and robbed the plant of its crystals to make sweet charras. Rubbing the plant in your hands removing all the good ol thc

12. In the first pic it really looks like the bud is wet. Man i had plants go past the harvest window before and not all their crystals magically disappeared. White hairs can also occur during late flowering, you should get a microscope to see what the trichomes look like if you haven't already.

13. I looked at it with the microscope there gone but I did find out that we had record high heat and that the power went out. So he used a garden sprayer to try and keep plants cool with no fans. I'm just T totally don't know what to do?

14. [quote name='"lowryder21"']In the first pic it really looks like the bud is wet. Man i had plants go past the harvest window before and not all their crystals magically disappeared. White hairs can also occur during late flowering, you should get a microscope to see what the trichomes look like if you haven't already.[/quote]

image-3529589056.jpg

You can see the new growth new white hairs I'm just going to keep it on a 12\12 but I sure would like and appreciate any ideas

Attached Files:

15. It is most probably the result of light induced transition back to vegging, someone messed with the day/night cycle (by opening it in it's dark time, or darkening it during it's light time) and your plant is attempting to reveg, and the THC glands won't reappear. Harvest it now.

16. Mate, i understand what you are saying and it seems like a very logical explanation, but darkening during the plant's light time could result to this (i am not talking about 24h+ or something that extreme)? I thought this problem exists only when the opposite happens.

17. the garden sprayer is the culprit IMO lol, maybe he jus sprayed them to rough for their stage, even if they reverted to veg where did the crystals go? all fall off? or absorbed into leaf? lol im jus confused, maybe ur floor is dankly coated in trichomes lol

18. Could be heat stress causing the newer white hair growth(seen similar stuff in The BIBLE) but I got no clue where ur trichs ran off to

19. Those buds dont look done to me.

You've only missed harvest window if you have 100% amber trichomes as far as I know.

20. Well does anyone know what happens if you just keep em on a 12/12 ?