miss me?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thewild0ne, Feb 28, 2008.

1. hey yall! it's good to be back in green, and with that my friend has a question for you ;)

if she were to use these lights

DSC01164.jpg

DSC01166.jpg

DSC01170.jpg

attempting to grow two plants... would this be a waste of time? she is familiar with the idea of 400w pretty much minimum for growing anything indoors, and with two of these it would be like 62w total supposedly. i guess she's just hoping for a glimmer of promise from you guys because she feels like she's already answered her own question... but could this possibly work? be easy

the box reads:
    daylight deluxe creates a cool, refreshing environment. for any room in the home, arctic white light, lasts 7 years. light outpt =2800 lumens. energy used = 32 watts. life 24000hhours. color rendering=85. color temp = 6500k

2. she could vegg with em, as for flowering well you said it. HPS For quality and quantity cfls to get by. It can be done however, just don't expect any monster dense buds or nothing get as many of them as possible, good ventilation, soil and nutes and she'll be fine. 6500k for vegg 3100k for flowering.

3. oh yeah and remember the general rule 2000 lumens pe sq ft.

4. Or 50 watts per square foot

5. thanks, i feel a lot better after hearing from you.

i bought a little fan that can act as just a fan or blow heat out as well, it's been pretty easy to keep the room at around 73 degrees, probably use even less heat once i have a black curtain up over the shelving. we'll be throwing some fem super girl seeds in peat moss pots in a few hours... verrry excited :hello:

6. Yea, those bulbs are the best for veg imo. HPS for flower fo sho.
    And yea, fan is a must.

7. are HPS available at home depot type places? what exactly should i be looking for for about two sqft?

8. this is what we've got set up... temp is about 73 ish right now without the lights on. just looking for constructive criticism... :)
    DSC01161.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

these are all inside the station and the following is a thermal blanket we put up as a light blocker and hopefully an insulator... thoughts?
    DSC01172.jpg

9. From what i understand they do, however you have to buy things separately and I think some wiring is needed. Its best to go to a shop that specializes in such a thing imo.

10. anyway you could drop that tube fixture down on the plants thats all you need to veg. You can buy hps exterior lights at home depot but it will take some electrical knowlege best to just but one off ebay you can get a good deal on one just make sure its not a refurb. i would get something in the 75w-150w range for that space but you could prolly get by with bigger. and try and get a vented hood that you can connects an inline fan and filter to.. that way you can knock out heat and odor all at once.

you might also try black plastic instead of that cloth its cheap $7.96 a roll at wal-mart and works like a charm with a staple gun and some strips of cardboard... 100% light proof.

11. question - i have guaranteed fem seeds, so i just put them immediately under the lights... what's da damage?

12. they will prolly grow fine. if your going 12/12 from a seed they're just gonna be small............. you do know you can't put an hps bulb in a regular fixture right/

13. we have been doing 24/0 and were planning on doing that until it was like 3-4 inches talls... and yes i know hps need special fixtures.. i think i'm gonna just try to go straight through with the fluro. i'm not really aiming to get a huge yield... i only spent about 100 bucks on the set up so as long as i get a smokable headstash i'll be satisfied.