Miracle grow

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Patricia Clemons, Feb 2, 2019.

1. The question stands, why should miracle grow not be used for pot (chemical taste) Yet never hear anything about tomatoes or other fruits / vegetables.
    From my knowledge many use miracle grow for these edibles.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Well, some do grow weed with it. But, the time release fertilizer can stunt and or burn the plants. I believe that the Miracle Grow needs supplemental nutrients during the flowering stage.

3. The best way of using it, IMO, is if you use the granular kind so you can control the amount you give your plant instead of relying on the time release pre mixed into soil. I used it many years ago and really had no ill effects in the outcome of the plant and it worked well. If you have some kicking around not being used on anything, why not just use it instead of having wasted money buying it for something to never use. For those that WANT to try their hand at growing but don't feel the need to invest a bunch of money to begin with, why not. Its cheap so if they continue or just give up, they really haven't gone broke. 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen the other.

4. I was going to grow some veggies this coming year. Thanks for the feedback everybody

5. Go organic and you'll never go back..veggies taste waaayyy better grown in some good compost

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Oh heck yes! Organic is end game goal for sure!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Yeah, I noticed that watering the soil encourages the nitrogen release which is touchy when your trying to balance moisture levels in potting soil which wants to stay moist right at that line between too wet and plenty of aeration.

8. maybe it work well but some hipie think it not good lol :smoke: