Miracle-grow potting mix?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by annefrankgrow, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Says it feeds plants up to 6 months but I don't want to kill my plants..

2. Find something better... you really don't want that... If you HAVE to use MG soil... use the organic... But I still don't recommend it...:)

3. As of now thats all I have. The ph level was normal. Thanks brother

4. You may not kill them, but odds are you will see some major issues. Even if it doesnt get nute burn, mg has the drainage of mud. If you can, get a bag of perlite to mix with it.

Why even ask if your just going to use it anyway? Mg is just bad soil. I grow about 20 different types of plants each summer and time after time I thought maybe mg would work, and with enough perlite it will work a little. However, every time I use it I have issues that I dont with better soil.

You dont have to buy ffof, or expensive soil. Some cheaper brands work great. Look for anything that doesnt say feeds for x months. Those are prenuted, and while ok for more hardy plants, its bad for mj. You lose control of when, and how much food your plants get.

Also, I normally look for a busted bag and check out the soil. Look for something without a lot of bark or wood chips. You can also feel the soil, it should be light, airy and soft compared to crappy soils. The texture will give you an idea of how much peat is in the mix, which plants seem to love. I mix in roughly 15% to 20% perlite regardless of what soil I use. Good drainage always promotes healthy growth.

5. Thanks man. Going to the store to pick some up tonight. Drainage was a huge issue. Happy growing !

6. Nasty stuff manufactured by a nastier company which is owned by THE worst company in the world - Monsanto.

Do us ALL a favor and dump it out - preferably a chemical waste landfill.

7. Read here to get a little further insight as to this company - Monsanto. They own Miracle Grow, Scott's and many others.

They make GMO seed, they made Agent Orange during the Vietnam conflict, DDT, Glyphosate (Commonly known as Roundup) and a host of other very very bad things.

At the very least it's worth knowing who they are.

J