Miracle Grow Controversy

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by buddhasmoke791, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Miracle Grow - Why is it almost all the time except for people just starting out like myself say steer clear of mg products. im some what new at this and have never understood why people are afraid of the mg products are they taste altering? not effective? anyone have some real answers or experience:wave:

2. Be ause mg have added Neuts

3. They have a bunch if chemical shit nutrients in it. I grew some plants like four that were the same strain. And the only one I used mg soil with was shitty and had a million problems. Is the problem that you can't get anything else ? No gardening store close by ?

4. If this is the case, a reloadable visa & an amazon account will work wonders. Anything and everything you need is on amazon.

5. Thanks guys but yes i should just take the drive though its not that far but wat would be a better soil to get

6. anything that doesn't have time release nutrients. you wanna have full control over what your plants are eating

7. whats a good soil/nute setup for beginners?

8. I'm running a hydro system. Using floranova from general hydroponics. At about 300 ppm

9. Fox Farm Ocean Forest along with Fox Farm Trio nutrients is pretty common among the beginners here on the forums.

10. #10 waktoo, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  11. #11 IQWrestler, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
    how about for those who doesn't have foxfarm nearby?

would miracle grow organic potting soil and mircogro bloom booster meet the minimal requirements for nutrients?

I'm stump on what the plants need to sustain life and bloom. since this would be my first grow I kind of just want to do it asap.

12. Those little green/white pellets inside your miracle grow soil, is time-release fertilizer. The strength is quite strong, and you cannot control the rate at which they release. When they get watered, they start to break down, so just plain water will burn many plants up. On top of that, the PH will swing frequently. It's just best to stay clear of anything time-release that you didn't prepare yourself. You will have the most success if you know what it is that you are giving your plant every step of the way.

13. thank you guys for clearing that up for me. next grow I'm most definitely thinking some type of fox-farm with per lite maybe 60/40 soil/perlite

14. Then I would try what Waktoo recommended and just make your own organic soil. If you can find any type of farm stores or hydro stores. You can get nutrients such as kelp meal there and peet moss at the big box stores such as Lowes, Walmart, Home Depot and Menards. I'm going to agree with everyone else since I just can't recommend that you use anything made by miracle grow. Making your own organic soil has a slight learning curve at first, but it is hands down the easiest and simplest growing method out there once you get it figured out. If nothing else, try to find a decent organic soil and some perlite and just add some simple nutrients such as the Fox Farm Trio.

15. yes i agree.

i will be using this for next grow

This grow i will be just using some decent potting soil (kellog's or promix) and an in-store bloom fertilizer using this guy explanation on ferts

and let see what happens ?

16. anyone heard of or used black gold organic soil