Miracle gro ??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gotitko, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Hey guy i was wondering if starting a plant in miracle gro soil for the first week are two then to move out side in normal earth would that be fine are is starting plant in a little bit of miracle gro bad?

2. miracle gro = the devil. which soil were you planning on using?

3. I was going to start germanted seed in a little cup with miracle gro then plant in ground after week are two

4. if its not their "organic" soil "(which most likely sucks too) id advise against it. you dont have a hydroponics store near you or a credit/debit card to order something better?

5. Stay away from miracle grow dude. If it's only for a couple weeks just grab yourself a small thing of organic potting mix. Stay away from anything with time released fertilizers. It can cause nute burn. Hope that helps.

6. I don't reccommend MG but you can use it and get great results. In 2007 I grew three plants from a bunch of mixed seeds that a buddy gave me. I used MG soil. Six years later I still have weed from that grow and it's still killer, two hit weed.

7. #7 azgrassman, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
    Three plants have lasted you six years...?

OP, the MG organic works, but runs hot. I used it to start my first grow (transplanted to FFOF due to nutrient issues and an increase in knowledge), and it works, but there are a lot of better options out there. I had issues with burn on a few of my young plants and was forced to flush repetedly to help them recover. Definitely slowed growth at the start.

Like Sox said, Miracle Grow is the devil (owned by Monsanto=Super Devil). Monsanto has built itself into the multibillion dollar behemoth of shit that it is by poisoning, lying to, and enslaving people around the world. They're responsible for Agent Orange and GMOs. Their products have killed hundreds of thousands of people and maimed millions more.

For ethical and agricultural reasons avoid Monsanto and Monsanto brands like Scott's, Miracle Grow and others. If you have a hydro shop near you, or if you can order online, try those routes.

Fox Farm Ocean Forrest is the go to soil, but good things can be said about Happy Frog potting soil and Roots Organic as well. They'll run a few bucks more but are a lot better.

8. MIRACLE NO! Very bad idea. Use flora series or Dyna-series. Work best in my experience.:D

9. as you can see, im not the only one who suggests a switch. You dont have a debit card/bank account? you can order a good soil if you cant make it to a hydro store.

10. I actually had awesome luck with the Miracle Gro Organic soil. Yielded amazing bud. However that was my first grow. I'm using ocean forest for this time around, but the organic stuff isn't that bad.

11. #11 marvajuana, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
    I grew with MG and Shultz instant plant food and got great results for several grows.( this was late eighties) I was unable to grow for several years and went to MG again.(two years ago) What a mistake! It almost burned my rooted cuttings up. I lost at least 2 weeks of vedge because of it. Never Again.I would try ground up newspaper before I use MG again. Thats my take on MG.
    mj:smoking: