Miracle Gro Seed Starter for Soil Filler?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by InkdUp, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Hi all. I have a plant thats currently one week into flower and I need to transplant it from a one gallon pot into a two gallon pot. I have a little under half a gallon of FFOF and I was wanting to know if i could use Miracle Gro Seed Starter as a soil filler? I hae plenty of nutes so I dont think it could harm any. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Sorry, that's a cheap solution that's going to bite you in the behind when it comes to growing decent MMJ.

Never ever touch Miracle Grow. Go out and get the good stuff. Taking shortcuts might work sometimes, or you could just do things right and actually learn something LOL

3. Sensi I mixed FFOF with seed starter and MG Organic and my grow is going just fine. Slight burn and droop but nothing horrible.

4. #4 Phalicy, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    You are fine with miracle gro, as long as you use the organic one. The organic miracle gro doesn't have time release nutes. I wouldn't use the seed starter mix though. Your burn must come from somewhere else cuz miracle gro organic is like .1/.15/.1 definitely not enough to burn.

Sensi, you are wrong. To say that all miracle gro is crap and useless is false. Miracle gro organic (while obviously not the best) works just fine.

5. yea phalicy I ad an emergency my plant was rootbound and couldnt wait for another bag of FFOF so i just mixed up FFOF with seed starter and MG Organic so far nothin horrible has happened. So you think im good to add nutes now? or should I wait since FFOF and MG Organic have nutes in them. im on my third week of flower

6. idk if its just me but i never had any problems with MG potting mix, MG potting soil, MG moisture control, orr organic. Its time release nutes are only good for a couple of weeks and at the rate of growth for a new nute hungry seedling after your first flushing at a month honestly you should be fine. They dont HAVE "hydro" stores around here or "grow" shops. Everything people get around here they either order online or walmart/lowes/homedepot. They dont carry Fox Farms at any of those around here and honestly ordering dirt online to a city just LOOKS suspect especially when ANY cop worth his badge is gunna know if they ordering FF ORGANIC online theyre probably growing. Hell I used dollar store dirt cuz I couldnt get miracle gro. My plants still grew to 3 ft in 3 gallon pots. If you do all the other steps properly using MG shouldnt affect your end result unless you cant correct things early.

7. @d34th yea man I cant get SHIT around here we have head shops but they dont carry grow supplies shit sucks. Should I go ahead and add nutes than? They have been in the FFOF/MG Organic mix for about two weeks now.

8. I would start adding nutes at a very small dosage, maybe 1/8 strength and see if you start to get any burn. Then slowly step it up.

9. okay thanks a lot man @ Phalicy one more question. I only have to water like once every week. should I wait until than to add nutes or can I add slight nutes right away?

10. I personally always wait till watering time for fear of over watering