Miracle Gro? I like it...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 1r0n1ungs, Jul 7, 2006.

1. I dont know why people shoot down miracle grow, Ive got 3 plants in Miracle Gro (3 parts MG, 1 part regular soil) My plants look beautiful! Never had any yellowing at all. Theyve been in for about 2.5 months now and are about 2.5-3 feet tall with many nodes, and some great lookin buds commin out.

Maybe its cuz its diluted a bit? Miracle Gro seems like the way to be

2. Search these forums for the PGAMG thread.
    A lot of people have other ideas then you....

3. Miracle grow destroyed a few of my plants, but if you're doin alright with it, WTG

4. Miracle Grow killed my first plant.

5. why does it kill some weed plants but works amazingly for roses and shit?

6. Its all a conspiracy. The makers of mirical grow teamed up with the government and put weed killer in their mix. It grows flowers and veggies great cause they are not weeds.

Then again I am a little high:smoking:

7. I've used it to before with success. In the past I've used straight up mircle grow in a pot. Since I've heard a few things about it, and preferr organic nutes during flower I've been using about 50% clean soil 25% mgrow, and 25% perilite. In this mixture I have just enough ferts in the soil to where I can veg without any extra nutes needed till well into vegging, and by the time for flowering most of the ferts are used up, and gone, and flowering nutes can be used as directed.

I think for the most part problems arrise from fert feedings during the veggatative period. For the most part mg soil is used for transplanting already established plants into. A mj plant grown from seed is much more senstive then an established plant root bound, and ready for transplanting, and for this reason some strains prone to nute burn to begin with may fry out from the get go... Not only that but newbees read experianced members providing nutes every watering, and are fast to dose their plants with ferts.. What they miss is the system these experianced growers are growing in, strains they are growing, and the main thing what SOIL they started with.. If you use mircle grow soil you should have no reason to use fertilizers in vegg period..

What happens is a young seedling starts to yellow from the soil being HEAVY in ferts for a young mj plant to begin with. newbee comes here, and says my plant is starting to yellow from the bottom up, newbee gives very little details. Experianced grower asks have you used any ferts yet, and of course newbee says no, I added no ferts yet.. Experianced grower goes on to tell them that's your problem then, the plants are most likely hungry, and since you have not used ferts yet I'd get some asap, and dose the plant.. Sure enough the yellowing was from overfertilizing to begin with cause of mg soil being pre-ferted, and on top of that more nutes are added.. Next morning plant is burnt, now I mean burnt to a crisp... Newbee comes back.. My plants!! My plants are burnt, and experianced grower now finds out newbee was using preferted mg soil, and the experianced grower goes on to say that fucking MG soil, no damn goodl!!! LOL

8. Yeah, miracle grow real bad (tongue placed in cheek)... If you have not seen it yet, check out the thread I just posted. If you look real close in the corner of one of the pics you will see the corner of the bag that contains that devil soil I grow so well with. :D
    :wave: :smoking:

Link to thread: http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=101975

9. Yeah im using SuperThrive now, but thanks for the input. Ill continue to use MG diluted in my soils!