miracle gro garden soil help plzzzz.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by adam1120, Feb 1, 2012.

1. K I got a plant maybe 2 weeks in mg soil the first set of leaves turned brown/yellow and feel off but the secound ones that came I'm were looking good but now ones starting again like first ones. Third set are coming out but 2 leaf coming out where one was before whats causin the yellowin of the leaves??

2. I got the same soil and my plants are 2 weeks 3 days. Since the mg soil has time released nutes you should not water to often and put as much light in there as you can for now an get them big quick once there big enough the nutes wont even affect them

3. Should I have mixed perlite or anything I just got in straight soil.. my plants aren't streching at all tho I got my lights like 3 in away lol

4. Look for MG organic soil, it does not have a ton of extra nutes in it. I think the reg. MG has nutes in it for 6 months, the organic only for 2 months. I had good luck with it several times.

5. Thats what I am using right now. Maybe why I keep getting yellow leaves.

6. They should actually be Doing better then what i though if you had mix perlite with them. Are you giving them Nutes? Got pics?

7. No I can get pics give me a min

8. yea, dude... the garden soil is concentrated and needs to be taken down by at least half. That's why they tell you to mix it in to the top layer of soil outdoors.

A good nute-less medium to mix in is peat, or promix BX (basic), but most people will tell you to stay away from MG all together.

MG garden soil is really unsuitable for growing unless you add a bunch of shit to it, lime, perlite, peat at the very minimum

9. Anything I can do? Look ima get pics up right now

10. I hear people say to stay away from MG soil alot too but I went and got some and My girls are actually doing just fine.
    Sorry for the large ass picture..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. At two weeks and 3 days old from sprout they're actually quite big an bushy for CFL's

12. They don't look bad to me, no plant is going to be 100% perfect.

13. fukk no were near your lol:mad:

Attached Files:

• pl2.jpg
      pl2.jpg
      File size:
      23.7 KB
      Views:
    • pl1.jpg
      pl1.jpg
      File size:
      3.6 KB
      Views:
  14. shitty pics my badd guys you cant see shit

15. details? Are you using the "garden", "organic", "potting"... that information would be useful since they all perform differently.

16. You may be able to notice the burn on the tip of the leaf on the one on the right. That was from me over watering. It released to many nutes. I read that plants in MG soil dont need to be watered that much. That might be your problem..

17. Forgot to mention, I'm actually using the miracle grow potting soil that feeds up to 3 months

18. ^That's just a little misleading, your first post in this thread said that you were using the same soil and there's a huge difference between "garden" soil and "potting" soil.

OP, the "garden" soil straight up is probably too strong for seedlings and should be mixed 1 part MG, 1 part peat, 1 part perlite. Then add half a cup of powdered dolomite lime per 5 gal of soil and mix it all together real good. Even then it's pretty strong, but I've used that mix before and will carry you through to harvest.

19. okay so i dont water as much? ima try that i dont water much to start with ill cut back more. should i mist the soil instead of pouring it? and should it be at the roots or around the out of the pot...

not sure... can i get that at like a local supermaket? i live in small town and supplys are hard to get a hold of here

20. shut up I'm high:smoke:
    Misting would probably only wet the top layer of soil.. Each time you water just go half way from your plant to the side of your pot and water from there to the sides of pot all the way around.