Minnesota and Medicinal marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by billigreen, May 27, 2008.

1. So the talk around my college has been extreemly exciting for minnesota. the rumors are that last year medicinal marijuana passed both the house and the senet. but govener polenty vetod the bill. i approched my dad with this question, were perty open about marijuana. and yes hes a 40 year old white male. he said that it was a law for hemp not medicinal marijuana. Anyone have any answers? and now the rumors are saying that the bill is being passed again and has already passed the house and soon to pass the senet. i cant wait for medicinal marijuana in minnesota for many reasons. i got mono over a year ago and something happened to my stomach that the doctors cant fix, but when i get high i cant feel it anymore, not even high, just a hit or two and the pain is gone even if i dont feel the "high" effects.

2. i gues ill do some reasurch on the topic tomorrow when i get the chance.

3. Minnesota: Minnesota Representatives adjourned this week without taking action on House File 655, which sought to authorize the medical use of cannabis by qualified patients. A companion measure had previously passed the Senate. House leadership failed to call the bill for a floor vote after promises by Gov. Tim Pawlenty that he would veto the measure. Medical marijuana proponents can contact the Governor here.

so i was right about the medicinal marijuana in minnesota. and i am calling everyone to contact him. everyone who would benifit from medicinal marijuana in minnesota should write him and tell him why you would benifit from it. my main point is my stomach problems and saying that i refuse to use what the doctor perscribes because it is worse than marijuana.

4. so here is the e mail that i sent to the govener. i did make it a little more accepitable for a polition but i think this is the direction that is needed to make these laws pass.

I am writing this letter concerning House File 655. I have recently been informed that this bill would pass except you have been committed to vetoing the bill. I would like to hear your reasons for this action. I am a student at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Mankato</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">State</st1:placeType> <st1:placeType w:st="on">University</st1:placeType></st1:place>. Last year I was diagnosed with mononucleosis. I went to the campus doctor and she put me on a regime of taking 1000 mg of Advil and 800 mg of Tylenol. I was to take both every 6 hours alternating by 3 hours. What this did was cause me very troubling stomach pains that come and go by the month. I have been to the doctor several times for these pains and nothing that they have prescribed has worked. I had a friend recommend marijuana for the pain. At first I was reluctant to give it a try, but as the pain continued and I continued to loose weight, I decided that if it helped it would be worth a try. So I contacted that friend and gave it a try. I did not like the side affects of being “high” but the stomach pain was gone. My friend and I had a discussion and he suggested using less or baking it into goods. I purchased a dugout system to reduce the amount that I intake. What I soon discovered was that if I use it in very small amounts spaced out by several hours I could effectively kill my pain and also avoid the confusing effects of the “high”. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I have also done some research on the laws in <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">California</st1:place></st1:State> and understand why other states are reluctant. The laws there are too lenient and allow for too much illegal trade of the drug. I feel that this problem could be taken care of with stricter rules. Real pharmaceutical companies should be in charge of distributing the medicine, not the half doctors that will prescribe it to anyone with a fake problem. <o:p></o:p>
    I also would like to point out that I have always been a huge supporter of the Republican Party and have been torn with the upcoming elections. I have heard that Obama has been supporting the use of medicinal marijuana and that McCain has been apposed. I also have been hearing the talk around campus and fellow younger voters and their advocate love for Obama. I would suggest looking at the popularity of Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger. I feel he has gained this popularity by being lenient on social issues while keeping his firm beliefs in republican politics. <o:p></o:p>
    Just some advice from a younger devoted republican,<o:p></o:p>

--- lets just leave my name off of GC! :hello: