Minimum Temperature for sprout

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by upyoursblueboy, Jun 23, 2010.

1. hey fellow GC blazers.
    Anyone have rough estimates of what a newly germinated plant can handle outdoors?
    Also would putting a mini humidity dome help?
    it will get to minimum of 42 Fahrenheit by the way.
    Cheers

2. bump... any help appreciated

3. Good question, I'd like to know myself. Obviously frost will kill it. And being newly germinated, 42F will probably kill it too. What temperature are you planning to germinate it at?

4. You should germ at 72-80F w/80-100% humidity, and keep the seedlings around the same environment for a few weeks until dense, strong roots form. You can probably approach 50F by weeks 2-3, but bear in mind the cold stunts the growth considerably.

5. See everyone tells you that frost will kill it and it wont. My plants i have now withstood some frost but they got really stunted from it. I wouldnt want my plants outside below 40 degrees though just to keep them growing right

6. I germinated at around 75 Fahrenheit and it has its little leafs emerging now(not the true ones)
    Preferably I would like to put it outside now.
    The weather is maximum of 57.2 and minimum of 42.8 for today.
    Thanks again.

7. Frost doesn't kill them when newly germinated? I find that hard to believe. And yeah, there doesn't seem to be much point putting them out when it's too cold, if they simply stop growing.

8. is june how far north u live that its 40?u might wanna go with autos if your season that short