Minimum organic pot size?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by reggaeistheanswer, Jan 27, 2019.

1. What do you guys think is the minimum organic pot size with a few teas? 3 gallons? Tried 1 gal plastic pots and deficiencies/lockouts are much more common.....

2. My smallest pot is a 15 gallon

3. I def agree with that outdoor, but I am in a 3x3 running multiple strains. I know I can go 4 in 5 gal but def prefer to do 9 plants. Ugh I dont want to go back to bottles

4. I do a SOG in a 100gallon smart pot in my 3x3.5 (100g smartpot will fit in a 3x3).
    [​IMG]
    I grow No-till style, which means at harvest I just cut the plants down and transplant rooted clones right next to where the old stump is, soil is left undisturbed aside from the occasional top dress.
    You can read about no-till here:
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. How is the drainage situation?

• Like Like x 1
  6. No drainage. With organics you really dont water so much that you should have drainage, especially with a pot this big. Also, I use blumats to automatically keep the soil at a constant hydration level, all I need to do is make sure my reservoir has water in it and the blumats do the rest.

7. I've heard very good things about those. How much are they running?

8. If you are going with a reservoir you could buy the maxi 6 pack its $90 on amazon i think and includes everything you need except for the reservoir itself (which can be anything you want). You might also want to get a pack of distribution drippers to add more drip points (about $20 )
    If you have access to a faucet/garden hose you could look into blumat blusoak tape kit but you will need to also get a blumat pressure reducer to go with that.

9. This is 5 gallon container. Only topdressed MBP at the end. I gave it to much water, cold weather for a week, and got her pregnant. Total time was four months. I also just transplanted an auto right into it. I added rice hulls were I pulled out some root mass. And I also topdressed it, maybe to the point of to much idk!

[​IMG]

Chopped plant

[​IMG]

Auto at 14 days. If this makes it the whole 77 days, I’ll be happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. How do you like the rice hulls? Thinking of adding them rev style

11. That auto looks pretty on point in my book. Every strain acts a little different in the veg stage. You might be surprised what you end up with. You have a nice looking mix my friend.
    cheers
    os

12. Best mulch out there. Super clean and easy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. $10 for 4.5 cf COMPRESSED! That’s a lot of aeration. I went crazy and put them in all my worm bins, some soil I’d already mixed, and into my buckets of finished castings.

14. Thank you! I read your journal for the tips on autos. Trying to get my plants to look like yours.

15. Haha. Only clean if you have a vacuum handy. It’s so light it seems to blow away and when I pull it back( cause I like to watch the worms lol) it sticks to my hands and I make a mess.

16. The best $10 you have ever spent, I promise. I pay $2 a gallon for hulls where I live, and even at that price they are worth every penny.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  17. I have a sneaking suspicion you are going to do excellent my friend!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  18. @MidwestMover
    Since you have a lot of hulls, just a couple fyi's.
    I have used rice hulls with compost or leaf mold and made really fantastic seed starter. I used either 2:1 or 1:1 ratios of compost/ leafmold to rice hulls. It also works super for starts in little 4" style pots. The hulls kind of bond the materials together, and hold everything in place when you pop out the contents (ie you don't have to wait until the 4 incher is root bound to remove).
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  19. So are they used as a mulch or mixed in while soil is cooking?

20. Both
    cheers
    os