Minimum lumens for flowering>

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by troll mafia, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Just curious because right now I have about 4500 lumens and I was wondering if this would be enough for a decent harvest

I was thinking about switching my lights to make the total about 9000 lumens

Your opinion/advice is very important to me :)

2. Can you give more details? Number of plants? Sqaure footage? Type of light? etc.....

3. well i am about a week into vegging and i have 4 plants and 6 compact fluros on them, 2 have 1200 lumens, 2 have 1000 lumens and 2 have 800 lumens

I can switch to circular compact fluros which give off 2250 lumens per, this is in a very small space (a chest)

4. Hmmm lumens is something that confuses the hell outta me. I never did fully grasp the concept of lumens. I know that a general rule of thumb is 50 watts per sqaure foot. Find out your total wattage and your total sqaure feet and see what you're working with.

5. I'm not sure if this is a concern of yours of not, but, if your plants are growing really slowly and you think you may not have enough wattage to flower.... Then maybee wattage isn't your problem at all. Tell me what kind of wattage per sqaure foot you have and maybee we can try to figure out your problem together (I'm new too).

6. they are growing very quickly, that isnt my concern, I am just curious about flowering

all the plants are within a square foot of each other so I am sure I have enough watts :)

7. 3000 lu per sq ft is a well lit flowering room.

if just using fluros then id take that as a mimimum.

8. sweet dude, I hope it works out for you. Maybee you could snap a pic? I'd love it check it out.