Minimum height to stop vegging/start flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CallMeJelly, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Hey GC i want to start a grow soon and i'm trying to keep my setup as low profile as possible using an old subwoofer, I've gutted it and it already has the right sized holes for everything so i have that covered, but i wasnt sure if my measurements were OK, heightwise it is around 22" tall(without lights and fans inside yet, it is triangle shaped with a perimeter of around 16 inches, i only planned on one plant so thats not a big deal but my biggest concern was if it would stay pretty comfortable in there, and when I should stop the vegging stage so flowering size will be more optimal?

2. You can start 12/12 right from the start. I would throw a small screen like 4 inches above the pot you are using then you weave the branches through the screen until it is full. I would veg for an extra week or two using that method which means you would start in 18/6 or whatever you want. What kind of light are you using?

3. CFL because of space, im not sure what wattage i should use, i havent really grasped the concept of what type of light works well when so some reference would be nice. Do you think the measurments seem alright?I could probably go get more accurate measurments if needed.

4. Just gotta get creative to get as much light in there as you can, throw like 3 23w cfls in the top of it like screwed into the sides not facing down. Cover the entire inside with mylar and you should only need like a computer fan blowing air in and on the plants. just tie the plant down so it grows horizontal as much as it can and then flip to 12/12 and you will get good results im sure. Idk if you have seen PC box grows but those are pretty cool I would check those out if i were you!