Minimum daylight hours to prevent flowering outdoors?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by deathlesszero, Mar 29, 2016.

1. How long does the sun have to be out to prevent my plants from flowering? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I'd say atleast 15 hrs a day

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Then again anything above 12/12 really

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. ive veg'ed at 18/6

5. Outdoors. I dont think i will get near 18 hours of daytime at my latitude, lol

6. As austoker01 said anything from 12 - 15 hours of daylight could invoke flowering. Although I have personally noticed Indica dominate strains seem to be the only plants that can still flower above 12:54 hours of sunlight. But that doesn't mean some Sativa dominate strains won't do the same thing, but I have personally never seen one flower with more than 12:54 hours of sunlight.

7. For some reason i was thinking 13 already too. Thanks

8. It depends where you live.

Here in southern California is been told the only months you can veg outdoor is june/July.. be sides through two months the plant will go straight into flower

9. Thats why im asking how many hours not the time of year

10. I had a plant flower on me once because i accidentally set my light to 16/8 instead of 18/6. I'd give them 18 hours of light or more to prevent flowering.

11. Yeah thats another thing im worried about. Theyre 18/6 right now and idk how im gonna transition them outdoors w/o flowering, lol. And theyre not big enough to get anything out of

12. Light doesn't have anything to do with flowering it is the dark that makes them flower that's why indoors setting the lights to 12/12 will make them flower but 13+/11 wont.

• Like Like x 1
  13. We give them 12 hours of darkness to be sure, but they can still flower with just 11 hours of darkness. With just 10 hours of darkness most strains will stay vegging.

When the sun goes down over the horizon you will still get light for about 45 minutes before its proper dark in case you haven't considered that

• Like Like x 2