Minimum amount of time before switching to 12/12.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by silario, Jun 7, 2008.

1. I am still new to this in practice. What would be the minimum amount of time before I can switch to 12/12 if I am not harvesting for either amount or potency?

2. I never put them in before 3 wks from seed, but find that 4 is much easier on the plant . Going in early works, but it slows the plant down enough to make it worth while to veg. a little longer. Before 4 wks the plant is establishing a root system and developing it's shape- it really gets messed up by switching. At 4 wks or more the plants welcome the 12/12 and go right into stretch and show flowers quickly, while the early plants dilly-dally while they try to sort out the confusion. In the end they'll be ready at the same time, but the early gals will be scrawnier, lighter colored, and more likely to succumb to stress, heat, insects, pH, and nutes.
    It's hard to waitsometimes, but well worth the extra few days on the front end.

3. You can flower any marijuana plant when the cotyledons fall off.
    Give it 1/4 of the normal ammount of flower nutrient the second day of 12/12 to help it transition.

peace

4. thanks. For those wondering I am only crossing a few bagseed seeds from the some mother to get predictible genetics of those that I will grow for harvesting. Perhaps in the long run, with the correct selective breeding I can turn out something pretty good.

5. I switch mine to 12/12 after 10 days. It all depends on your grow setup and plant type. First thing you want to do is establish (on paper) your target finishing height. Mine is 4.5'. Then do a test grow and veg for 30 days. Measure your finish height and compare it to what your target is. Adjust your veg time to get your target.

Day one of veg (rooted clone)
    [​IMG]

Ten days later I switch the light to 12/12.
    1st day of flowering.
    [​IMG]

And about half way through 12/12 when the stretching just about stops Day36 of flowering):
    [​IMG]

And the best part... The last day of 12/12.
    This is day 60 of flowering (70 days total):
    [​IMG]

I don't think it has to do with root growth, nodes, or anything other then your target height.

Good Grow'n, R.

6. Depending on strain it varies, but in my opinion 12 inches should be the smallest before you start flowering.

7. 4 weeks is the standard. 3 weeks is minimum. 5 weeks is best.

8. No standard, no minimum, and your grow setup will determine what is best.

9. Fine settup and damn fine results. Kudo's Buddy! Im seriously envyous.... Grow on dude,,:wave:

10. How long did you end up vegging, and then i think you said 9 wks 12/12?
    What was the ending height also, if you dont mind?

11. You just looked at the pictures and did not read the stuff I wrote above them:laughing:.

I switch mine to 12/12 after 10 days (of veg).
    And the best part... The last day of 12/12. This is day 60 of flowering (70 days total):

I veg 10 days, flower 60, total grow time 70 days.

Peace, R.

12. Yeah Rumple hit it on the head. No set in stone amount of time. Variables, variables and more variables.

13. Rumpleforeskin 1st of flowering pick is awesome. Did you tie the plants down at all since I read you dont tip or thin your plants ?
    My plant has been on veg for 13 days and has half the growth :eek: