Mini-Fridge Grow Box!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Dopehead_680, Nov 13, 2007.

1. 4.5 diameter, 4-5" tall are his planter size

2. hey bro, what did you use to make the reflector, and what are you using to support the cfl's

3. thanks for answerin that ? for me homes.

as far as the lights concerned I dont remember if it was lowes or home depot but look for a "light shroud" I bought a 4' section and cut it into 2 pieces one 3' one 1', the 3' one went over a fish tank for a very short period of time and the 1' came into play here.

I bought 4 sockets and four pipe brackets they're like this shape: " ( " w/ two little flanges to bolt through) bent them to fit the curves and bolted 'em in.slid sockets through the back n then screwed the bulbs in.

4. This may be off topic.. but have you considering trying hydroponics? I'd like to do this with my mini fridge but I dont know if I will have room for the setup. Perhaps the very bottomost part could hold a narrow Hydroponic kit?

5. Just read your journal and let me say what a great job on keepin them alive!.
    when i got to page 3 i was like the heats gonna get them... but they pulled through. Im working on a fridge grow, i made a bubble bucket from rumpleforeskins sticky. Not sure on the setup, i have a closet grow at the moment.. NOT TO HIJACK YOUR THREAD!!!

good job man!:hello:

6. So last night I finally got my ass to the walmart to buy an A.C. for the grow space. I forgot to clear the high/low data on the thermometer but we should see come better temps tongiht when i go out. the room went from almost 90 to just under 70 by the time i left last night. it was 84 in the box last night,

as far as keeping them alive, I think this Thrive Alive B1 stuff im using is doing the trick. Came with high regards from the local grow shop. and omg it does wonders for just about every plant ive used it on,... however it killed my Flytraps.

I'm going out tonight maybe there will be some pics tonight

I know #3 has a buncha glands forming.

7. youll have to move it soon, it will cause shade on the other side. unless you want a shitty plant.

8. buck that i why he turns the planters dude chill dont come into his thread being an ass, cant even say nice plants just nitpic n shit, its a micro grow for a reason dude, shit happens, gettin by with what he's got, he will do fine, no problems thusfar, so apparently my boy knows what he's doing BACK OFF!!!

9. Keep at it ninja that shit is infact DOPE, keep it alive! Im just starting my mini fridge grow now! PEACE!

10. Yerlucky:
    once again thanks for regulating gonna start calling you Warren G haha.

Buck:
    yeah bro, I rotate the plants every night (just about). thanks for the advice tho, you was just tryin' to look out.

Steamroller:
    you got a thread bro? id love to check it out.

temps are back to high 70s 81 max,... plants are already snapping back to speedy growth like a day of nice temps and bam all of them broke out in some glandular activity(finally). hoping those snowy pictures will be coming up soon.

5s still behind the ball tho smaller buds and shit.

11. lol, yeah dude, i have a good memory when it comes to grow type shit ya know lol

12. Will be starting my thread soon, thanks for suggestion!

13. well steemroller post up a link in this page for us when ya do aight, do you know its actually spelled steamroller9? you prolly did it on purpouse, or you will tell us you did lol just givin ya shit bro, good looks im out

14. I've never posted the procedures of the evening when i go out so for the first time a baby book entry:

[age format: since planting/since 12/12; days since preflowers visible on all four(the rest is self explanatory)]

current conditions: 79* 45%
    daily exremes: 82*/61* 54%/36%
    -Watered 30 oz Tiger-Bloom (too much lots of draining. normally, I only give 20oz)
    -Misted w/ Thrive-alive B1
    Leaves Lost:
    Plant 6:7
    " 5:8
    " 4:2
    " 3:0

Sorry, no pics this evening cause my lovely camera has chewed through another set of batteries, even lithium batteries are only giving me like 20-30 pics :-(

another upset is three looks like someone took a flame thrower to it(exaggerated). It doesnt look like nute burns as its not random spots, its just leaf tips, and well some entire sides of a bud.

Just about every bud has a central area of damage with less damage radiating outward.
    (pics to come tomorrow night)

It puzzles me because its the lowest plant and none of the others look like this. any input here? will this make the plant a total bust all together?

four looks amazing smells like some dank ass nug
    three, despite burns still is visibly growing in mass, glandular activity has spread from bud to leaves and like four the trichs are now visible with the naked eye smells like some half way decent nug
    5 and 6 are kind of on the same page as eachother still dont smell very much at all but are visibly less mature

I had not watered in almost 6 days and they were still not drooping. I had read once that its a good idea to let the plants fast once or twice during flowering so you can see how long it takes them to go through the water you give them to protect from over watering. throughly convinced that they couldn't go another grow photoperiod without watering I gave them a big drink this evening.

15. So an over head of 3:
    [​IMG]
    more horror
    [​IMG]
    Entire leaves have dried up and fallen off the stems that once held them
    [​IMG]

upon further investigation it does look like these burns were caused from water sitting on the leaves so nute burn?

other kids
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

magnifying glass + macro setting on camera maxed out, still need a hand micro soon to see better tho
    [​IMG]

16. well i think it could be light burn, and nute burn, your never supposed to foliar spray wit nutes, burns easily, but just water is ok, but all other plants look sweet

17. Dude, This is... AMAZING. I was looking for a guide for a small grow becuase i'm 14, and i'm growing in the back of a guitar amp. NICE Guide/Journal.

18. So with pictures of my babies in hand i went to a friend today (this friend is currently in school for botany) He says hes afraid it may be more grim, he suggested quarantine of the plant and wants to see a core sample of the soil.

He and I sat down for a solid half hour/hour today at work and discussed the possibilities.

Doesn't like the sound of nute burn, says unless i dumped some concentrated nutes and let them sit for a day he doesn't see any of the nutes im using to be strong enough to burn.

He admits Cannabis plants are almost completely different from all other plants and he has never attempted to grow pot himself so I want some second opinions.

Yer lucky: i hope its something that simple bt as can see from the above,... im in doubt.

Colin: werd son, everyone started somewhere, just becareful, your parental units are gonna get very suspicious as to why u dont play your guitar and why your room always smells like skunk/cat pee. build yourself a GOOD scrubber and quintuple check for light leaks.

19. So I got a microscope :)

5+6: trichs still forming
    4:tons of clear trichs
    3: " " " " and handful starting to cloud up on buds

First Question:
    If I want to harvest at about 50% amber, when should I flush in relationship to trich production?

Second Question:
    Can I dry/cure some plants in the grow box while others are growing or do they have to be seperated for some reason unknown to me?

If any of my homies out there can stop in and check out the thread I'm getting pretty close over here.

20. it is a little unique, being on the smallest plant, but it may be allot weaker than the other three, hence why it is the smallest stunted plant ya know