Mini-Fridge Grow Box!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Dopehead_680, Nov 13, 2007.

1. It isnt because the scrubber I made is no good, it actually is still doing the job pretty well, inside smells a lot but my room not so much unless I'm blazing:smoking: the prob is I want mroe air flow

as far as the lockout/def problem I had posted a thread in sick plants but here are a few of them
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

the worst victims everyone else looks like these just not as severe.

I went against my better judgement and ran my cheese plant under the faucet, flushed all the soil away and replanted it, with 5 extra rooted clones Im not too worried if it croaks, little experiment if you will

lastly does any one know how to use Bicarbonates to raise soil pH????
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. if you dont feel like transplanting to bigger pots yet, you should at least put them in new party cups with new soil. your using FoxFarmsOF, right?
    sometimes i find it easier to tranplant than to flush if you have a shitload of plants and dont have time to sit there and wait for them to drain.

oh yeah, and it seems like it is just burn, not quite a lock-out yet.

3. the plants are still in slow decline, haven't had time to re pot them yet still just watering no food, they are sucking up water like you wouldn't believe, I'll water them all and with in 12 hours they are bone dry.

no new growth yet, just yellowing of the lower leaves, brown spots, there's a wide assortment of different burns and shit at the moment, I actually wanna let them go a little bit longer before I mess with them, another day at least, probably more like two.

need a new bag of soil and some pots I guess.

wish me luck:(

4. good luck

and do it as soon as possible.

5. Repot those man!

6. no shit

7. Genocide:
    thanks for coming along with me on this
    the moral support is greatly appreciated, so i got a bunch of liter pots re-potted them all into the slightly larger pots (they are roughly 150% the volume of the old pots.

what I did was
    -fill up one of my five gallon buckets with r/o buffed it to 6.8
    -removed plants from cups over a dry bucket, broke up root ball which was not small by any means, however they were far from root bound.
    -Tapped the shit out of them, most of the soil just fell out with light taps to the base of the stem,... I let them dry out for a couple days so the soil be nice and dry.
    -in the "wet bucket" I plunged the root balls swished it around until the residual soil was gone and I was left with mainly nice white roots.
    -planted
    -watered with new pH adjusted water.

shit, I wish I took pics,...

anyway they do not look much worse, won't say anything looks better, but not noticeably worse in the last 24 hrs. got a bunch of clones completely rooted out now, some strains are 5/5 as in all 5 clones rooted however the majority are like 3/5 or 2/5 :eek: not bad for day 12 of rooting.

OMG my fridge is getting full though, pulled back on feeding a bit to prevent this happening in my flower plants, got like 3 weeks left and my perpetual will be under way. well it is underway as we speak, but it'll be three more weeks before I am harvesting at least one plant a week. About an eigth a week is what I'm aiming for as we all know. the legendary doc greengenes gets 3/4 oz, so I mean, I don't think I'm asking for much.

Pics coming in the next couple days.

8. sounds great.
    i dont think there is anything i would have done differently.

lets see some pics of that fridge filled up :smoke:

9. Ask, and you shall receive,...
    [​IMG]

Veg Room
    [​IMG]

Clone Box
    [​IMG]

Cure Jar
    [​IMG]

the plants are yellowing on the bottom leaves, for the most part all "burns" seems to have stopped progressing yellowing is marginal?(between veins) and only on the lowest leaves.

I can see some new growth at the top of some of the plants, shut down some lights so new growth would stretch, thus I could see a few plants have some new growth but not all.

when they dry out they will get some veg solution as most seemed to have already taken root again.

10. I checked on my veg plants this evening and the yellowing of bottom leaves has progressed a bit.

No notable new growth since last night, keeping an eye on them, thinking about feeding one of them as a test, leave the rest as control subjects and monitor.

I have an average of 4/5 clones completely rooted out now so if I were to kill one i have at least 4 to fall back on.:rolleyes:

Still trying to finish my research on nutirent levels, decided to cut back to 1/2 tbs grow big with normal amount of thrive alive for this experiment and see what happens.

My fridge looks nice, got room for maybe one more in there, waiting till next week when I drop one and plant two more, I'm thinking another Thai Super Skunk and a Great White Shark.

11. How much you yielding per plant there man?

12. about an 8th off my plant,.. havn't harvested any known genetics yet, the first will be gigabud in 5 weeks

13. #393 genocide.monkey, May 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2009
    the yellowing is normal. just watch it closely.

can i see some pics of your veg room design?
    it seems like your lighting could be alot more efficient.

if you havent already read it, go and give the Fertilizing Wisely thread in the advanced section a look.

14. Genocide:
    I'm currently away from my grow house however, pics will be up tonight at somepoint.

There is no doubt I can make this more effecient as far as lighting is concerned,

8(13)w CFLs and (2)26 w CFLS

Im in the process of obtaining some new 96W 3ft bulbs, I think you call them "PL80" in the light trade, I call them Power Compact(search 96w PC and check em out).

They run on special ballasts however They'll produce way moer light and way less heat, jus' waiting till I have some money, they are not cheap tothe tone of 50-80 dollars a bulb depending on quality.

I'll be around tonight if you're on, typically around 11p-12aPST (IDK what time that is for you) so keep an eye out, Ill grab a few shots of the veg room and share some pics of the flower box too.

got room for 3 or 4 new clones but I am holding off as I don't want to over crowd the fridge too much.

See y'all later
    PC

15. what i meant by it looking as if the lighting could be more efficient is not the amount of light but where the light is going.

you've got a whole bunch of light going down through the shelf and into you're utility area.

i noticed that you have your mom and clones in the veg room. you should put those into their own room. but there's no way to tell what exactly you got going on without pics of the design.

so be sure to get pics of the room in detail, not just the plants:)

:smoking:Happy Smokin'

16. The best shots I can get, keep in mind this room is 3ft wide by 6 ft deep by only 4' tall so it's hard

I would LOOOOOVE to put the mom and clones in another room, Hell I'd like to have each mother in a different isolated system with their own clones but I simply don't have that many rooms.
    [​IMG]

I agree that there could be some more improvements made in the lighting area however, light is the least of my concern, there is enough of it there for now, I gotta get these nute problems under control first, light later.

my fridge, lacking issues thank god.
    [​IMG]

17. it looks as if they havent gotten any worse so far.

maybe the next time you visit the box, we can get some close ups of the leaves.

18. I'm on it!

Devastating news,

I think I have bugs in my flower room,...
    went in the fridge and the plant ready to harvest tonight had entire bud sites missing with a log strip of missing tissue from there to the ground and my Hawaiian snow plant looks almost completely devastated, observe

Hawaiian snow,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I dot have a pic of the harvested plat cause my camera died while trying to take a third of H.S. and i ever have batteries on hand. but it looked as if some one grabbed a few buds ad just pulled straight down pealing away the stem all the way to the ground, also a few points of the bud had what appeared to be as if someone pulled a few calyx off the bud, almost like borring a hole,

Considering the fridge is pad locked with only one key and no evidence of forced entry leads me to think bugs are to blame, I spread everything down with some homemade orgaic pesticide, a tsp red pepper a tsp garlic powder into 16 oz h2o just incase for now

opinions?

19. looks like bugs to me.

and try and get some pictures of the missing buds as soon as possible.

and good job on the organic pesticide, but i dont know if thats gonna leave a taste to the buds when they are ready to smoke, assuming all the bud wont be eaten by bugs by then.

if your solution doesnt stop em, you may have to take everything out of the fridge and do a complete wipe down. keep your fingers crossed.

how do you think they even got in there in the first place?

20. I run an A.C. in my window, small gaps around it maybe?