Mini bong or bubbler?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Potentcy, May 8, 2010.

1. What up guys
    I want to start smoking in my room but if my parents find out they'd kill me.
    I don't have any place to hide a "normal" size bong and joints are out of the question because they dank.

So I'm thinking about either buying a tiny bong or a bubbler and just blow smoke out of my window.
    Which do you guys prefer?
    I'm leaning towards a bong cuz I've always wanted one, but I dunno

2. Just a small spoon would be the easiest to hide.

3. Go with a spoon.

Bubblers/bongs make noise, so if you are really worried about getting caught get a spoon and pack 1 hit at a time. It'll make no smell if you do that and blow all the smoke out the window.

4. Yeah I'm not really concerned with sound. My parents room is a long ways away from my room they wouldn't hear anything.

5. bubblers suck. get a spoon or a bong

6. lol bubblers suck????... go with a sick worked spoon start your collection off small and if you get caught they take it etc...you wont lose much with a spoon..:smoking:

7. i would say bubbler. I'm in the exact same situation as you, my dad even threatened to break my teeth in once after he caught me smoking in the back yard... anyways, I have a number of pieces that i use on a regular basis in my room. heres how i get around it.

About 2 months ago i got myself a bong off of the grasscity shop, and up until a week and a half ago, i got away with putting it underneath my writing desk (so it would be at your feet if you were sitting there. It worked well until i was blazing one night and my bro came into the room and saw me using it. He threatened to tell my parents so i've since had to pack it away under my bed in a bin with a bunch of childhood toys. Needless to say it hasnt and wont be getting much use for a while...

Since that incident, I went onto etsy and ordered myself a nice custom bubbler. Its 7" tall, meaning that its big enough to be a legit smoking piece, yet it small enough that i can not only hide it very quickly, but also take it on the go with me.

Personally, I suggest getting 2 pieces:

A bubbler for when your smoking in your room and you have some time to yourself

And a spoon pipe so that you can just whip it out, take a few hits, blow the smoke out the window and clean up.

Just keep in mind, Even though you may want a bong, you have to keep in mind the fact that 1. a bong needs regular water changes, which means trips to the bathroom to fill it up, and 2. the bigger it is, the less likely you will be comfortable using it without getting caught.

Hope this helps :smoking:

8. ... false, bubblers don't suck. in my mind they're the best of both worlds, portable but still some filtration through water. plus if you don't have water you can just hit it dry. and, at the end of the day, i don't know if there's a sound in the wide world of weed that i love better than hearing a really good bubbler ripping well

9. every type of piece has its own purpose. spoons combine ease of use with portability, bongs are great if you can smoke at home or for the odd trip to a friends place and they are rly great at getting you ripped and making the hit smoother.

Bubblers are in between. They are able to cool down a hit unlike a spoon, yet they are portable/stashable. Also, they take almost no water compared to a big bong.

For me, the bubbler is the most logical solution, I fill it up, take a few hits, put it under my bed close the window and im high. Quick, easy, and very discrete.

But thats just me...

10. Yeah I guess Ill just buy a bubbler. When I first started last year I got a shitty little metal pipe for 4$. Hit really harsh so I've been smoking joint most of the time ever since

11. good choice. What is your price range? i suggest hitting up the e.t.s.y to see if you can get a nice custom, something you will really enjoy.

12. #12 Potentcy, May 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2010
    probably somewhere around 40-50

edit: something like this maybe?

http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/sherlock_bubbler_hurrican_1.jpg

13. im looking for a really nice bubbler or a mini bong not sure what i should do

14. Bubbler definately. If you want a sherlock and are willing to go a little higher ($65) this is a really nice piece.

Molino Glass Sherlock Bubbler - Dutch - Grasscity.com

15. sry im baked righ now but what is e.t.s.y. bc my spoon that i just smoked out of is really harsh and im gona get a new piece this summer and i wana get a bub

16. etsy.com

it's basically where people sell handmade goods

17. IMHO, i say mini bong

a bubbler is a bit hard to empty out when your baked,but maybethats just me

JusT FYI

if you need a place to ship it, and you can't ship it to your house

a little service the UPS Store has, that for somereason noone knows about, where you can ship them a product for only 5$ a day..

i have done that with my iolite, bong, bubbler, hemp wick, and pipe

18. Doesn't matter what you use, as long as you have a good place to hide it. If you want to smoke and leave no trace behind here's how. (been doing it for 3 years straight now, never been caught).

1. Construct a GOOD sploof. (plenty of threads out there if you don't know what that is.)
    2. Only pack enough for you to CLEAR IN ONE HIT. (most important rule of all.)
    3. Clear it completely, exhale ALL smoke through quality sploof.
    4. Enjoy clean, laundry-smelling smoke.
    5. Clean up any messes you make. (seeds, stems, etc.)
    6. Re-pack single hit, enjoy as much as you need. (not to mention, you get GREEN on every single hit. I STILL prefer to smoke this way. Enjoy.)

19. spoon pipe, bongs smell, even mini bongs begin to smell. also, smoking and just blowing out your window doesn't always work as it seems it would, so good luck

20. ^^^ As long as the wind is blowing away from the window, it will work.