Mind Awake and Body Asleep?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Natorisfeelinit, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Sorry for how long this is but i need to tell it right...

Okay this happened to me 2 times this week. I started to fall asleep, like 20 minutes after i lay down and close my eyes and my mind wakes up. I can think and remember stuff, but my body is asleep. The second time it happened i was dreaming in my head and could see figures and hear stuff in my dream, but i could realize i was dreaming and could slightly move my body, however if i moved my body i would wake up a little. Both times however there would be a 10-20 seconds sensation and my body would go numb and i feel like im high. I actually think i smoked and forgot about it haha. The second time it happened my whole body went numb besides my heart.. i could only feel my heart beating. It was like i was nothing, like outside my body and my heart was very powerful. Usually when im high and sit still i can't feel my legs and arms, but it was like 10x that feeling. Its scary at first but weird in a good way once you realize you'll be fine. I googled it and its called sleep paralysis or something, but my symptoms are a little different. I want to know if any thing like this happened to any of you guys.

2. It's called lucid dreaming. Google that shit. :smoke:

3. Yeah ive been trying master it for a while, your lucky it just happened.

4. I have to agree I think it is just lucid dreaming.

Initially I thought it was sleep paralysis but it sounds like you're just having vivid dreams while not being in deep sleep? :confused: I dunno what to tell you. Some times when I border sleep and consciousness I feel I can obtain this state of mind you described. I would compare it to meditating... Have you ever meditated? From what I've experienced, it's similar to what you described.

5. Sleep paralysis. I experience it every now and then, but it's usually pretty frighting for me, as I tend to have mild hallucinations during it (seeing shadows and shit). It's theorized that this is the actual cause behind a lot of "alien abductions."

6. dawg... i think you have cancer.

7. haha i don't have cancer. Its actually pretty cool. I don't know if its lucid dreaming because i have done that before where i wake up in my dream and control it which is pretty cool but this one is like i know i am lying in my bed dreaming and can move my body, but im my head is a dream. Also the numbness could make it sleep paralysis. I actually enjoy it and wish i could make it happen more often.

8. was jk man haha, I've longed for the lucid dreaming experience. Have you ever tried meditation or yoga? might be beneficial, it really puts both mind and body at ease.

9. I don't know how to meditate. Don't you breath in 5 sec. hold for 7 sec. and breath out for 9 sec. or something. Lol idk thats what someone told me once. And for yoga im not flexible so i never tried.

10. Google it. There are many ways to reach the meditative state of mind; the best way relayed to me expressed establishing even, consistent breathing... Completely contradicting what you just described lol

11. Haha my bad. I have a cold right now so i don't know if i can do the breathing part. I will give it a shot though.

12. Just focus on your breathing; slow it. I would recommend finding some steps to take online. It's so peaceful

13. I've never heard of lucid draeming or any of that stuff, but every now and then when I'm dreaming I have dreams that make me move and wake up. I know that sounds stupid so here's an example. One time I had a dream I was a quarterback and when I threw the football, I actually made a movement like I really threw a ball while I was sleep. That shit woke me up like " WTF ". I knew that shit happend but I instantly went back to sleep, and it happens occasionally. Lol I hope I don't have a dream about taking a shit.

14. Ya i'll deffinetly give it a shot. Can you post a video from youtube or something that gives the basics? I'd appreciate it.

15. Haha that would suck dude

16. Sounds like you're in the first stages of astral projection. If you keep calm and relax a bit longer, there's some cool shit that can happen to you. You can even end up coming out of your body in your dream and you can fly around even though it seems just like real life with all the details. You just need to be patient and not freak out when you see shapes and colors, which is actually the hypnagogic stage of astral projection. Research it, it's pretty cool

17. its a form of sleep paralysis. i get it all the time it usually sets in right after i fall asleep if i had been hnking prett actively right before i dozed off.

18. It's happened to me a few times and it's freakin scary. The best way out of it is to move a part of your body. I know it's hard but try your best to make a fist or move your foot then you'll snap out of it the second you're able to move.

19. I think I do that, It's more when im blazed when I just lay there and feel all weird lol

20. Why would i want to get out of it it's sick