Milwaukee ph 600 Meter.. Your opinion?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by doom3crazy, Jun 11, 2010.

1. #1 doom3crazy, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
  2. There is probably a thread on this already, but I'd like to post my personal experience.

It is a nice meter. I am not sure if mine is working correctly though. Whenever I try to read my water (distilled + nuts) it doesn't ever seem to stabilize. It will keep descending by 1/10th every second or two no matter how long I hold it in.

Again, may just be me, but I'd expect it to stabilize without having to hold it there for 5min?

3. do you store it in the calibration liquid? Ive read online thats whats your suppose to do. And like if you let it dry up then it will givce you whacky readings.

4. anyone else out there with this meter?

5. bump^^

6. I have one and I would say it is ok. I always flush and store in water. At first I was having to recalibrate every other usage. Min seems to have stabilized on the fluctuation and the need to recalibrate as often. I also calibrate to both 4 and 7 solution. Personally I got this to get by and plan on upgrading down the road and using as a backup. For the money I think it is a great solution.

7. I have a hanna and its a pain in the ass so couldn't b worse

8. For the money it is decent, one step up from a test tube and drops. I had this meter when I was a newby, and it got me through, until I dropped it into my solution bucket, and it went by by. I upgraded to the Eco2 digital ph tester ($80) and I would highly recommend it if you have the money. It has automatic calibration (just hit a button, no stupid screw type) , temp compensation, (which is the main thing with cheap testers and pricier ones), and it is completely waterproof. I have only had to calibrate this thing like 3-4 times in a whole year, and its usually off by just one 10th of a point. I look at it like buying tools, you certainly get what you pay for.

9. So i ordered a ph 600 and I am just wondering like I read that you store in it some calibration liquid but like each time you take it out are you suppose to rinse it off? Since its been sitting in the fluid? Or are you just suppose to rinse it off after each use?

10. As for storage some meters say to store in calibration solution some say water. I would follow whatever recommendation the mfg has unless I knew it didn't matter. So I basically take out and use. Rinse with normal water and then store in cap with water. When calibrating I always use both 4.0 and 7.0 calibration solution.

As for dropping meter in water I too did this. I thought I was totally screwed, but hmmmm patience is a good friend. I just left mine sit standing up for like 3-4 days and it finally came back around and works exactly as it was before it went swimming. Also when mine went swimming it was for an extended period as I dropped in one gallon jug and had to go fishing to get it out. That also caused it to go head down in water for extended period. So your results might very and like I said mine was kinda of the worse case swimming accident!!

11. Doom, I got one as well. I called the Tech support line at Milwaukee and they said that it is a single point calibration meter. They said only use the 7.0 buffer solution for calibration. Also, they said to store it in a cup of water to keep it wet. Calibrate once every two weeks or a month. When asked about putting water in the cap they said most would shoot out whne the cap locked in place. I have mine in a cup of buffer with plastic wrap around it.

Always store in water. They did not say what kind of water, though. I think keeping it wet is most important but the storage fluid would be ideal I imagine.

JaK

12. #12 zepharim, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    Hey gang,
    I just dropped my PH 600 into a sodium solution of (pH12) and it does not calibrate over a max of 6 after 2 days of drying out ... should i take out the batteries and dump distilled water into it?  i added a few drops of 70% iscepropyl alchol and waited a few minutes before shaking it out, to see if that works but it seems to take a while to dry out.  Also i noted liquid it the bulb, do yours all have fluid in the bulb, at the meassuring end to?
    Regards,
    Zep