Milkshakes

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by airsick, Apr 14, 2013.

1. What are your favorite milkshakes?

I love making a banana milkshake with some almond milk, a banana, ice, and a spoonful of organic honey (we got it from a family friend, bee-tamer or something, idk he works with bees)

2. Frozen bananas, blended with pecans or almonds, and peanut butter. Sometimes I say fuck peanut butter and throw in some frozen reese cups or butterfingers lol
    Those are my favorite to make
    To buy is just a hand dipped oreo milkshake from one of my favorite sammich places. The freshest most amazing ice cream ever goes in to it.yum.

3. I just throw ice cream and milk in a blender. My favorite ones are most definitely hand made in restaurants, though.

4. vanilla protein powder,chocolate vitamins mix, cream flavored weight gain, almond milk, frozen strawberries and nectarines, ice and its delicious and unique flavor

5. Haven't done it in a while, but I used to like making extra coffee in the morning. I'd put some in the fridge and then make ice cubes with the rest.

Then I take almond milk, a little bit of the cold coffee, a few coffee ice cubes, and chocolate protein powder. Use a hand-blender to mix it all up, and bam! Deliciousness!

Normally I just do the milk, regular ice cubes, chocolate protein powder, and and some peanut butter.

6. Don't mind me... I'm just commenting here so I can find this later and try it... After I lift instead of a peanut butter sandwich and a protein shake I'm gonna do ice, milk, banana, chocolate protein powder, and some peanut butter.

7. 1/2 cup of cashews, 1/4 cup of pecans, 2 bananas, dash of cinnamon, dash of nutmeg, 5 dates and 1 cup of water. Sometimes homemade almond milk made with vanilla beans and cinnamon instead of water.

Occasionally I'll freeze it, then run it through my juicer on the homogenizing setting to make it into ice cream.

8. damn i just opened the magic bullet bc of this thread... gonna make a chocolate-banana milkshake

9. Just made mine post workout. It's awesome. I could convince people it's made with ice cream lol

Next time I'm gonna throw some almonds in here

10. What do you guys think of mine?

Cup of milk, 1 scoop of Strawberry/Banana Protein Powder, 2 Table spoons of Flax, 1 Tbl Spoon of Creatine, 1 Tea spoon of Glutamine, 1 banana, and 1 cup of frozen berries (rasp,black,straw)

I love the all fruit taste and I have this post workout or sometimes as a breakfast component.

I also make a leaner protein shake with a lot of milk, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 scoop of mocha hot chocolate powder, and ice. My own protein frapp!! Great for on the go.

11. #11 AJ4217, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2013
    i feel the simpler the better, my favourite is with
    -one sliced banana, nice and ripe
    -however much milk you want to be drinking
    -a couple spoons of countryside yoghurt (nice thick one)
    -a spoon of organic honey (sweeten to taste)

blend it all quickly, strain into a glass through a simple metal sieve.
    i like making this after a couple bong hits, pretty fun to prepare, and when you finally kick back and sip on your fresh creation its a pretty good feeling!

12. Lol 2 tbs of flax?!? I do 1 and it preety much destroys the taste of my smoothie

13. A whole banana.
    Scoop of hemp protein, healthier than both whey and soy proteins. (about 3 tablespoons) (This also supports the legalization and cultivation of hemp products, which is great! Buy hemp)
    Teaspoon or two of natural honey, local.
    Tablespoon of bee pollen from Canada.
    Teaspoon of Maca powder, horrible but the banana really kills its taste.
    Teaspoon or little less of some flax seed oil.
    Tablespoon of coconut oil.
    Frozen fruits which include pineapple, mango, strawberries and then blueberries mixed in a bag with raspberries and blackberries. (two separate bags from walmart, both frozen)
    ~1/2 cup of raw oats.
    Add about a 1/2-3/4 cup of almond milk.

Blend appropriately and drink the smoothie of life!

14. Made this for breakfast this morning...more of a smoothie though.

glass of orange juice, although I used mango juice today and it may have been better than usual
    chuck in some strawberries and raspberries, about 2/3 raspberries, 1/3 strawberries
    half a banana
    1 or 2 cups of greek yogurt
    some ice cubes
    lemon juice and zest, for a bit of zing.

Blend that shit and enjoy:smoking:

15. Hmn really? It seems to add a good nutty taste for mine, which goes well with the rest of the mix. Maybe mine has less of a strong taste?