Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Military

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Cannabis Cures, Apr 12, 2013.

1. What's up GC I have just recently enlisted in the army for 6 years. Obviously it would be completely stupid for me to try to get away smoking while in the service. I'll have to stop smoking for 6 years and I am really bummed about it. I know some old war vets now that smoke often and it got me thinking. It's not that I need weed to live but it enhances my life so much and it's a nice way to take the edge off after a hard day. I just don't feel ready to give it up for 6 years but I know it's a sacrifice I have to make. I'm just asking for some insight from you guys.

2. In before shit storm.

3. Had a friend who quit for 6 years while in the marines, now he has his class 3 growing license and grows in cali, you won't be able to smoke while in service, just be ready to take the break.

4. #4 thejester4yall, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
    Don't be bummed mang. Think of all the money your gonna bank over the next 6yrs. Thanks for your service too

Dood I quit smoking for a few years but it was for probation and a girl. It gets alot easier with time. You'll think about smoking less and less. Keep strong and don't toke. You can do it. Stay strong

5. I understand I cant smoke and my intention isn't to ask how to get away with smoking at all. That's kind of inspiring about your friend who was in the marines haha. Thanks

6. Thanks man I really appreciate the support. I figured time will make it easier.

7. I was in the Army too. It sucks for a bit, but you'll move on. I always thought, weed was here before, and it'll be there after. Plus, joining the service is not something everyone can do. So when you're done, lighting up will be a reward.

8. When you enlist you have to understand that you need to live with it, embrace it, and love it as there may be a point in time when the "edge" is the only thing keeping you alive.

I salute you for making the commitment to your country and remember, Cannabis will be waiting for you when you get out.

9. Don't do what my dumb ass buddie did in the Navy.........fired up and got demoted two ranks.

10. 6 years... Reserves, I assume? What's your MOS?

11. Class 3 growing license in ca. Someone is blowing smoke up your ass. I have been a med patient for 8 years growin the whole time. They is no growing license.

12. Dude there is a growing license... To distribute medical you need a license

13. 11bravo. For those who don't know (infantry)

14. I just finished 8 years.

Smoked weed 3 times while in. Took LSD once, shrooms once.

Near my 5th year mark a lot of people started doing Spice. I tried it and it wasn't that great. Over 20 people got busted and kicked out for spice all because 2 people got caught, and 1 of them ratted on everyone else.

Just take it as a 6 year tolerance break. Depending on your job it might be a pain in the ass though. While I was over seas I was stationed with and sharing a camp with black water. Those fuckers had more weed than I've ever seen in 1 place before in my entire life. They were also making $180k a year and only working 6 months out of the year.

15. Wow thanks for the post man. I'm 11B btw but that would be tempting around all that weed haha. I wonder what would happen if it gets legalized federally? Would that mean its ok to smoke in the service and be treated like alcohol? What do you think

16. You'll be okay. You'll learn a completely different lifestyle while in the army and you won't even think about smoking because you'll be busy and have a different mentality. There really won't be any need for weed. Good luck man. I appreciate you.

17. Even if federally legal... still against the UCMJ.

Like some states under 18 is legal to fuck, like 17 or 16... but still 18 because of UCMJ.

But ya, being around pounds and pounds of pot in a deployed location will make you tempted.

11B will be fun, but look into crossing over into something that will get you a job when you get out.

18. You just said it your self. You don't need a class 3 bs to grow. I grow for many different collectives. To distribute. No shit.

19. good luck bro

20. Id b sooo scared of the militatry. They got illuminati with them