Military information thread (US military)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Viaticus, May 14, 2011.

1. lol. I bet none of them were actually a rifleman. Thats classic marine propaganda.

2. Oh

3. No I was about to, got physically qualified, scored a 93 on the ASVAB, but had to get a moral waiver and was denied. I'll try again when I finish college.

4. What is the moral waiver, how does it come into play? btw props on the 93 ASVAB score. My highest was 90, my lowest was 82-83.

Something I thought was interesting. The only person who didn't come back from a war in the past wars is my grandfathers only brother. I wonder if there's a way I could find out what happened to him in wwii, maybe find that slip of paper they mail your relatives when something happens to you. Any feedback?

5. I was in for 10 years. People appreciate the military and call us heros on tv and in the community, however until they pay us like heros, you can keep all the appreciation, cause its just words after a while.

If everyone thought we were so great then their "ACTIONS" would reflect it. Military families struggle their asses off because of the long deployments and terrible wages. Money is the #1 cause of marital problems, years away from your wife and kids on deployments dont help either. Stop telling me how great i am on the news and start treating me like a great person in real life.

If you want respect, you will get it by your peers and at aiports if your in uniform, however the military town you get stationed in will hate military and be sick of you because of all the gi's that ruined it before you (most not all). The locals get sick of the military, and the base you live on you will get respect by people you outrank (which is not many your first 4 years) and shit on by people you dont (not all the time).

The news will still love ya though....cause the 150 bodybags that return home each and every month warrent some sort of thanks.... Right? Military diacounts at venders?....like 10% of venders that i know of...if that. EVERYONE should give a fuking military discount, and if you dont, then you dont deserve to vend in the united states.....ok, this is taking a bad turn so im gonna end it here. Pm me if u want some no nonsense answers. I dont like to type angry stuff....

6. I guess I'll sum it up like this.... If you were one of the ones singing christmas carrols on the white house lawn when "evil"(obl) died the other night then the military might be for you. If you were like me and most soldiers and you asked youself, "what the fuck does that mean for us"?.... then you might be too critical a thinker for the military and you should do something else.

I made it to e-7 so I know the politics game and how everything works. If your a good ol' boy and play the game, you will do fine. If your not kissing ass, your left out. So learn to be a country boy, learn about freemasons, And know that most of your free time will be volunteering (voluntold), mandatory training, or hangin with the lodge members getting drunk every night...or else your out of the "good ol' boy inner circle click....this would greatly effect your promotion...which then effects your carear, money, marriage, ect..you can see how this could snowball if your not kissing hard enough or the correct ass, lol.

If you just want to serve your country and your fellow man, there is much dignity in this good sir and i commend you for reaching out. The good news is you dont need to sign a contract to do this. There are many other ways you can serve our country and our great and beautiful people we have. Your desire to serve man for a greater good is a beautiful thing to admire, please dont let something or someone distort this vision. :).

7. You really want to slay other people?

8. Interesting posts freethinker.