Mild Deporsonalization- Is it normal to feel what i feel?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TommyJetson, Feb 10, 2016.

1. About a year ago i remember smoking some weed with my friends at a skate park. The next day i woke up still feeling a little out of it, which has happened to me before, but only lasting a few days. This time about after i week of not smoking i could still notice something was a little different, everything appeared to look a little different through my eyes, i felt if i was more dizzy, but not the kind of dizzy where you want to fall over, it felt more as if my vision had dropped a little in frame rate. My vision was a lot choppier, everything was brighter, and i just felt if i was less happy, i felt a lot of anxiety. The odd time i would sometimes feel like if i were in a dream, but i always snapped out of it if i ever felt that way. I took about a 6 month break from weed and i can say that these symptoms got about 90% better, but deep down i knew that it never seemed to really go away. I started smoking again around end of September 2015, i've been doing it pretty much everyday since. I can definitely tell that smoking weed doesen't help if you want this to go away.These symptoms used to bother me a lot, now they really don't bother me too much, but i still do wonder about it sometimes. I have talked to some of my buddies about this, a lot of them used to not understand, but i brought it up a little while ago and they all pretty much said they feel the same way when they're sober. I know depersonalization is scary, and i know for a fact i don't suffer from it in a severe way at all. Hell, i don't even really know if this is DP or not. Do any of you guys know what i mean? Is this normal? I hope i made it easy to understand for you guys.

2. Making a mountain out of a molehill is what you're doing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I can agree that i did because i quit, i don't see how i am now..?

4. Are there any positive effects?

5. No, no positive effects.

6. Wish I could help but I have no similar experiences.

7. Have you ever had it suggested that you have a form of autism? From my understanding, weed and autism don't mix well. It might help superficially, short term.. but makes the long term worse.

8. #8 TommyJetson, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016

I don't have any form of autism, i can tell i suffer from a bit of anxiety but i wouldn't say its anything super serious. Maybe i didn't explain this well enough, a lot of my friends that smoke weed say they feel the same way.

9. All of what you're saying sounds to me like symptoms of anxiety, which are pretty common, drugs or not.

It's the human condition.

10. Well THC amplifies a lot.. and for some, it can amplify negative aspects of the brain. When it binds to your neurons, it helps to make it so they don't rest. That's why people can get stuck hard on a train of thought when high.. cause once those neurons fire, it's like they get stuck open. Not saying that is your problem.. but there is always a chance that neurons that have a more negative role, like anxiety, get stuck open. The more they stay open, the less electrical resistance they have.. meaning you'll be more prone following that neural track.

11. I figured anxiety had something to do with it..

12. Meditation bro, that's what it sounds like you need. To center everything about yourself.

13. What I really want to know is why all your friends feel that way sober now.

14. depersonalization refers to suddenly changing habits and losing previous interests. its considered natural when its at slower pace. you're becoming a stoner sloth

15. yep. feels almost like out of one's body a bit. I remember thinking "will it always be like this?. haha just drink a lot of water and rest