Might have to quit smoking for my career.

Discussion in 'General' started by m0ng00se1, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Well, im sad to say that my smoking days may be limited. I plan on going to college to become a pharmacist next year, but even students enrolled for a PharmD are drug tested.

People's lives would be in my hands, so i understand random drug testing in this career. It's sad, but i guess when i retire wealthy ill live it up and smoke till i die. :)

I think the tradeoff is well worth it. Its the perfect career for me and i think it will allow me to live a happy life, which is all i really want :)

Is there any hope for my habits? If marijuana is decriminalized, would they still test pharmacists for it?

2. the tradeoff is worth it, and it's cool that you don't seem to be fretting like some crackwhore. follow through with your studies, you'll make bank, retire and smoke all the ganj you want.

3. gotta make that paper you know? if its worth it go for it. i know when i become a nurse i'm gonna have to quit. but its something i want to do.

good luck to you.

4. i admire your responsible toking. i think if its ever decriminalized drug test will still be around. if its legalized people will realize its not bad and cut the DTs. an employer cant tell you youre not allowed to go home and have a drink. at least i dont think so. if weed was legal it would be the same way.

of course this is just my perception.

5. Fuck, pharmacist are drug tested? Damn, that what I wanted to be. I guess I planned on quitting someday though. Oh well.