midgrade seeds = grapefruit

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weedaddict, Jul 16, 2008.

1. hey everyone, im not a big grower i just always keep a plant to keep my stash good
    i grow from bagseed. i cant afford to buy from seedbanks anyway i got some decent mids and pulled the seeds out and planted one the plant is 9 days old the fives are coming in i gently rub one of the leaves between my thumb and index and smell my fingers and i think whoa this does smell like the mids i got??? it smells citrusy oranges no. lemons? no. GRAPEFRUIT! i bounced this off a grower freind of mine and he told me-
    "Thats an easy one, It's a somewhat rare recessive gene. My guess is that the plant is a mixture of different strains(of which grapefruit may have been in the breed for a different reason- maybe yield..while another strain could've been used to dominate the taste category), and you happened upon this certain grapefruit dominate phenotype."
    so im like yaaaay! :hello:
    im using a 26w cfl right now how much will my energy bill "ballpark" go up if i switch to a 50w? id like to have a nice yeild off this one any tips?:)

2. First off your going to need about 3 or 4 more lights to get any yeild. i would go with 4 on top and 1 on each side. look for the cool blue lights for flowering and the daytime bulbs for vegging.
    The great thing about using cfls is they use barley any electricity. If you use my setup all 6 bulbs on 24/7 would be the equivalent of having your stereo on maybe a lil less
    Also go to walgreens or walmart and get a bag of organic soil no ferts and plant it in the new soil asap also pick up some shultz plant food 10-15-10 its a cheap fertilizer and its good for vegging later on in flowering your gunna want something with less nitrogen 0-30-0

got any pic's??
    :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

3. Are you flowering? I have never read anything to think that the veg smell has anything to do with the flowering one. Have you done this before flowering with one 26w cfl? You make it sound like you have thats the only reason I ask. Either way yea fertilizers and 100w at least for that plant. Really wattage not what it ='s.

4. its already in soil that has fertilizer not organinc its doing fine now
    it would be a hassle to add more lights i have one fixture could i just use one equivilant watt bulb?
    ill see if i can get some pics
    if i would go through the effort and money only got 15$ plus no job
    what yeild would i be looking at? ive had plant that ive started indoors but moved outdoors but ive only did 1 grow completly indoors it was a male

5. i have a cabinet ghetto rigged with the fixture and reflectorfrom a desklamp its about 1 1/2 wide 1 1/2deep and 4 feet tall with shelves that can be taken out ive had seedlings that ive moved outside and one plant flowered [male]
    how much would my bill increase if i were to use a 100w?

6. The original Grape Fruit is a clone although many hybrids have been made with it. For example Grapfruit Haze. The clone is used in lots of strains in BC its a very stable clone produced by the asian gangs in Vancouver. They claimied that it was the only weed people would need. Over the years seedbanks have crossed them making seeds from the once only clone. The original clone/mother lives in some places in BC where it is used in some of BC's top strains, mostly used as male that gives off the wonderfull smell of potent grapefruit.

7. How the stem smells when it is 9 days old has no reflection on how the bud will smell when it is mature. Also, just because it smells like grapefruit, doesnt mean it is the actual grapefruit strain. For example, there are probably hundreds of strains that smell somewhat like blueberries, that doesnt mean they are all blueberry strains.

8. yes i understand that the smell now does not reflect the smell after maturity
    but i was highly suprized when i planted bagseed and got this