Microgrow beginning setup questions

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by chrisdastaberg, Nov 13, 2013.

1. So my girlfriend and I want to do a winter experiment and try growing 3-4 plants in her room. Her mom isn't a concern and im always staying over so im here to look after them. I have cfls left over from a previous failed grow of mine. My questions-
    is using like a 20 gallon plastic storage bin enough space for a good secret box grow?
    and what should i use for light sockets? do they sell a light socket that is small and connects straight to the outlet? what is it called?

plz help and thank ya

2. With a small box like that you could grow them just fine I'd say maybe 1-3 plants and if I'm thinking of the right tub you only have about a foot and a half of upwards grow space. So I'd suggest putting the tub propped up on the side so that its the long way vertical and the lid would be facing towards a wall instead of facing the ceiling. That gives you over 2 feet prolly around 2'5''. That's not much room so you would have to start flowering when it's about a foot. You would be wise to defoliate because you don't have many lights or you can't fit many in there you need as much lighting getting to the bottom to maximize yield. And for the lights you can buy just plane sockets at ace then add a plug to the end of it as long as you do it right it would work fine. Adding tin foil on the inside of the box would stop any light coming in to the box from the plastic of the tub plus help with keeping it warm and use more light efficiently but Mylar would let some light sneak through. Hope this helps.

Sent from my space heater.

3. this helps soooo much
    thank ya

4. what size container would be best for the soil? just like a one gallon flower pot? is that not big enough?

5. I use a a small tub like a small craft holder for my organic soil. It's about 6 inches deep and a foot and a half long. I fill it all up but 1 inch from the lip. It works just fine I grow my baby's to about 2 and a half feet and get a ounce or more out of them. Never had a problem with roots even tho I was told I would.

6. Any more qs that I can help you with? And I would love to see pictures and a diary of the grow that would be sick

7. whats the cheapest type of soil thatll be good for these plants? im thinking of doing two boxes for two plants each, starting like with 10 bag seeds thatll gremanite, then the biggest and healthiest 4 or so ill take for further growing into the females I want.

8. Any soil works. Iv never been a ball buster about it. I use a organic soil that is made at a feed lot in my town. But just about any miracle grow will work or any thing els. Just make sure its pest free you don't want mites. Iv heard miracle grow moisture lock works but as far a brands of soil go that's about all I could tell you. If you plan on using nutes a mute free soil is a good idea. But If you don't want to hassle with nutes any miracle grow will work you just may have to change the soil after each grow. I would say at max 3 plants once you get all 10 sexed and going would be your best idea. You could get a second tub and just before you flower the other plants you could clone it there then once the original moms are done flowering the clones would be close to flowering and you could clone agin and keep a constant supply or cronic

9. If you put 2 in one tub out if the fems. Then clone before flower and put the clones in the second tub so you get a constant supply and there always females. Instead of one big sum of weed every 2 months you get 2 half the size ever month or 2 once you get going.
    But when you first start the cloning the first set will be done flowering and the second close to flower and ready to clone in the box that the original 2 started In if you understand that.

10. if everything starts off good and shit then ill have to look more into cloning and that jazz. because I wouldn't mind a constant supply of females. thank u very much for the help. ur smart

11. If you need any thing els man, just repy to my coment so it pops up on my notifications. Peace and good luck into the enjoyable and learning process that is growing cannabis.