Microbes for coco

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by WhiteGuy88, Aug 8, 2018.

1. I read about that, yup will make sure i dont, thank you, and id like this thread to open up to everyone just to see what they have to say about bennies in coco, but like soco said, he feeds to runoff 2 to 3 times a day so he believes it kills off his bennies, but what exactly kills bennies? Drowning? If they cant be drowned out than what is in your nutes that kill them, this something we need to figure out

“I Learn As I Grow”

2. Well there are various methods. Some use drippers to feed until runoff multiple times a day until runoff and another method is feed just enough so the plant uses that within 24 hours and there is no runoff whatsover. Theres alot of ways to skin the cat but I say no drippers because you need to have your nutrient ratios down or else youll run into the coco holding P too much and Ca rinsing through the coco. Contrary to people saying coco is easy, for me its been a bitch. But im learning more and more about it everyday.

• Like Like x 1
  3. right!!? Ya i hear its easy and than i hear its a struggle, i think its all about dialing down your ph levels and nutes

“I Learn As I Grow”

4. Feeding to waste just washes out the salts from the coco. I add drip clean to my res as a secondary way to prevent salt buildup. Very rarely do I run into any deficiencies this way, and I can keep my nutrients just strong enough to burn the tips. I rarely feed over 500 ppms even in mid flower. But I’m feeding 3 times a day by then too.

I flower on a 4x4 table made from corrugated roofing, pitches to drain into a gutter with an outlet to 1” hose connected to shop vac. The shop vac comes on 10 minutes after each feed for two minutes to drain the gutter. I fill a bucket every two days.

Here’s some pics of the setup with manifold I pulled up quick

BC0695AB-9C8F-4000-A442-C98256057392.jpeg 876749C8-222F-40CF-9A2A-EB4D199E6B4D.jpeg 75EE9EA6-E6F8-4437-9195-D90E635092AF.jpeg A4D55A4D-FEA3-439A-A619-1DD07C649476.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thats a serious setup you have going on, this is dwc or coco?

“I Learn As I Grow”

6. It’s drain to waste coco. 12 plants in one gallon pots vegged 3-5 weeks or 4-6 plants in 3 gallons vegged 6-8 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. And how do you feed? As in what exactly is your water and nutes in? What are they connected to? Do they get force fed with a pump or gravity? I see you got lines going on but it looks like you would need alot of water to feed with your system

“I Learn As I Grow”

8. I have a 55 gallon res with pump through inline filter to 20 site manifold. 1/4” valves control flow to 3/8” lines and drip rings. I don’t use all 20 sites but have them available for a true sog sometime. System is automated on timers, I just adjust ph 2-3 times in 2 weeks, and carry the runoff out to my garden

• Like Like x 1
  9. Damn thats a setup!! I guess you have all your nutes measured out for 55 gal? And than it just feeds for you? So you check your ppms and add what you need to adjust?

“I Learn As I Grow”

10. I really don’t even bother with ppms. Just check and adjust ph in the res a few times in the two weeks the res lasts me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Great white is good brand of myco and beneficials need places to uh anchor or something so in coco you need rock dust and ewc/compost added to coco and perlite humus too. Also next season I'll add rice hulls and I'll try comfrey and nettles for flower with alfalfa and kelp for veg lol oh and neem meal top dress for veg and guano teas for flower terpenes is what im focusing on

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nice! Ya i believe your right about the anchoring, hence why most people dont use it in coco cause it will just get flushed away

“I Learn As I Grow”

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. [​IMG]

“I Learn As I Grow”

• Like Like x 1
  14. Listen to the latest ep (669) of "Wake and Bake America." I submitted my post and it got answered on the show YEAH!!!!! So if you dont want to listen to the ep ill give you the answer: Glomuline. I googled it but came to Glomalin.One of the guys on the show (goes by the name of guru he went to college to learn about plants so I ALWAYS take his word) pronounced it as Glomuline. Anyway, he said that the microbes in recharge produce a glue(glomuline) that resembles plaque on teeth. You can swish water around in there, rub it with your finger whatever its not going to get it off of there its stuck to your teeth. This substance helps the microbes stick to whatever environment theyre in. They DO NOT wash away. Peace.

• Like Like x 3
  15. I came across Wallace organic wonders mycos and it has Glomalin in it. I didn’t see it listed on recharge tho.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Im glad you guys do your research, i would like to give this a shot, sounds like something you cant put through your drip line though, will have to hand feed it instead which wouldnt be to bad if you only have to do it once a week! Thanks for the info guys

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. The microbes in recharge produce it themselves. Maybe they found no reason to add it in recharge because of that im not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I wonder if the microbes In og biowar brew i make do that? Anyone know which microbes or bacteria make glomalin?

19. Recharge from the dude grows show. Scotty is the real deal and recharge is the best out there for various reasons.

20. Funny after I posted what I did I started reading further and seeing everything I said posted multiple times glad to see a lot of people have finally caught on to those guys and what they're doing I started listen to them on my first grow a few years back and they were detrimental to my learning process of becoming so fast I was a paid member for a while. I have had many messages back-and-forth with Scotty over the years I was shocked to hear about him having seizure issues. I have been busy with my own shit I have a pain pump and doctors are forcing me to get cannabis card in Illinois or they will withhold pain pump medication but the doctor for pain pump is charging $200 on top of billing Medicare so he's double billing crazy stuff still going on in Prohibition states.

• Like Like x 1