Microbes for coco

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by WhiteGuy88, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Lets talk about microbes for coco, ive been doing some research on microbes and how much they actually improve your growth, from what ive read and researched you can only improve your growth and buds from your root zone, if you cant get bigger roots and more of them than your not going to get a bigger yield or better growth, but what are good liquid microbes for coco? Sure you can feed your plants molasses or any other type of sugar but without the microbes feeding on your roots you arent benefitting from the product, so what is a good liquid microbe, one that wont die in the container or other microbes killing each other and killing the root zone, they say advance nutrients 3 part microbe solution is the best but im not going to spend an arm and a leg on a product that you could surely find cheaper somewhere else that might not even be for cannabis but have the same similarities, i know there is something out there but because advance is specifically targeted towards cannabis the price is shot up high, surely someone out there knows an equal product that is not targeted towards cannabis, i understand microbes live the best in organic grows but that is not what im looking for, i want to find the best microbes for coco

“I Learn As I Grow”

2. #2 old shol4evr, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

3. I will check it out, thank you. Bushdoctor?

“I Learn As I Grow”

4. Recharge.
    Edit: you want liquid ok. Mammoth P is a liquid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 old shol4evr, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

6. Ive read things about mammoth p, some strains do good some dont and some people dont see much of a gain

“I Learn As I Grow”

7. @Old how do you like that line of microbes? Can you tell any difference? After doing research AN seems to make the most sense, not to throw all your microbes into one container, they will kill each other or just die off in the bottle, but if they are in different bottles and than added to your grow medium than they will all feed together

“I Learn As I Grow”

8. You wont know unless you try it mate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Agreed mate, have you tried recharge or know anybody that has?

“I Learn As I Grow”

10. Recharge. My soil grows always love it. Only do a few drenches in coco, usually as a flush to regulate ph, or at the onset of deficiency.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. @soco you dont use it for benificial bacteria? I think i told you i was going to do micks maxibloom method, but i was going to tweak it a little bit, using maxibloom, recharge for beneficial bacteria, black strap molasses, silica, and cal mag if i needed it, but was looking for a good beneficial bacteria to really uptake my nutes and feed off the molasses, so far recharge is whats looking good

“I Learn As I Grow”

12. Recharge has molasses in it and humic and fulvic.
    Edit I use it in coco.

• Like Like x 2
  13. But how much molasses? Should i still add more?

“I Learn As I Grow”

14. I feed 2-3 times a day off a 55 gallon res.

Masterblend 4-18-38 powdered base
    Calcium nitrate
    Magnesium sulfate
    Silica
    SP-90 powdered humic
    Calimagic
    Flower Fuel (pk boost)
    Overdrive (hardener)

Recharge wouldn’t be a good addition there. I have flushed with it and applied during veg at transplant, but with my DTW style, I just don’t know how beneficial it would be

• Like Like x 1
  15. So you dont have any benefial bacteria going at all? I understand you dont really need it in hydro and most say it cant live in hydro, but i think you can get it to live in coco as long as it has a home and medium to live off of, and thats what im kind of trying to do is to get microbes to live in my coco

“I Learn As I Grow”

16. I feed to waste so much I feel like I would rinse out any bennies. That’s kind of the point in DTW, it’s always getting fresh oxygen and nutes to the roots. Small pots of coco, full of roots, creates some explosive growth, but you have to feed them 2-3 times a day or more.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gotcha!! Im just trying to get everything i need and get my line up of nutes and everything setup before i start my first coco grow, do you feed in drip lines? I purchased drip rings

“I Learn As I Grow”

18. Thats what I thought about the beneficials being rinsed out with multifeeds too. I'm currently trying to submit a post to the dude grows show and ask scotty real (owner of Recharge) to answer this question for me.
    Scott, from Nectar For The Gods, says that ordinary, thick, molasses suffocates beneficials. Recharge is a powder and its not thick. Its powdered molasses in the mix. To the OP is you do get recharge make sure your water has no chlorine (chloramines) or fluoride it will kill them benificials.

• Like Like x 1
  19. If this is your first coco grow, I suggest not going anywhere near drippers until you get to know coco very well. That or if you like a challenge go for it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Uh oh.. why whats up with drippers? Lol.. and yes i like a challenge, will my plants die? Probably lol, but i have a ton of seeds that i bred myself like 3 grows ago, so i have plenty to mess up and fix

“I Learn As I Grow”