Micro SoG Journal

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by LilDize, Jan 14, 2011.

1. hiya!:wave: very excited to get this one started. i have 7 seedz in soil ready to sprout. just planted em today so my next post w/pics and detailed info on grow will be when they pop through.

please sub and follow me as i attempt my 4th micro grow!

2. I'm subscribed.

I am looking into starting a SOG System for medical purposes. I need some way to guarantee quality every time I go to smoke and cultivation seems to be a intriguing and worthwhile way to go about that. How often are you looking to harvest and how much for each harvest? My original thought is to produce an ounce a month by using a mother and clones. Eventually have 2 plants 4 weeks into flowering, 2 plants at the start of flowering, 2 clones starting and 2 mothers.

What is your setup? Light? Size? Number of Plants?

3. ya know i thought i knew what SoG actually wuz until i thought about it just now... is Sog when you grow like 20 plantz but you veg for like a month and then flwr??? or is it when you use a net or something. i think its SCroG. same thing Sog and SCroG???

4. after reading a couple threads i think i wuz right on with what i meant..:smoke:

anyways im going to keep 6 plantz under obo 160w
    4x42w 2700K(2) and 6500K(2) CFL

im growing in a file cab about 14x18x24" and plan to do zero veg time starting right from 12/12.

using FFOF and Tiger Bloom for flwr. will not be using nutes through veg.

keeping small pots (maybe 6" pots, this is soil grow)

again cant wait. have 1 in flwring im waitin to finish so i can get this one goin!

5. Sea Of Green (SOG) is lot of plants per sq. ft with the emphasis on the top cola and Screen of Green (Scrog) is a few plants grown specifically outward and through a screen to promote horizontal growth. Essentially from plain sight both might look identical but the difference is one has many smaller plants and the other is trained to grow flat through a screen. SOG is a short veg period usually when the plant reaches 8 to 12 inches, where as scrog usually requires a normal veg time with the benefit being that fewer plants are used. Most people chose there method based on the amount of bud they need. I prefer to have fresh bud every month or so and I only go through about a 1/2oz every month so there is now reason to have a few plants with lots of bud if it takes the full amount of time.