Micro Grow In Gun Safe. (first Grow)(need help)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by refermadness420, Mar 15, 2012.

1. check out what i got, i use a complete mix of CFLs,
    i even use an incandescent, a blacklight, and a 23W 6500K CFL just for startin seeds, i believe the IR(heat from the incandescent) and UV(blacklight) rays penetrate the soil better, had a seedling 3 inches tall and strong not stretched in 3 days, got wiped in a freak accident tho..

2. we are going to run just the 104 watts for the first grow. we are trying to keep it small but still get good yields. We will be doing a few control experimental grows to find out what works best in the long run. We are getting a number of smell control devices that will eliminate any odor(enough for a whole house and its all in a closet.) we will also be adding c02 to the air. i have not found many micro grows that do this but i know just from simple biology plants do better with more c02. So for the first grow we will be having a yeast product creating c02 and with the two out take fans close to the plants it will take out most of the oxygen that is created and the c02 will be down by the intake fan and it will be pulled right up to and through the plant. If we dont get what we want from this grow or we think we can make it better we are going to do so on the next grow

3. Just received our seed! It shipped last Monday, it only took 7 days so that's pretty sweet.
    We are in the process of getting our soil together and will be planting very shortly :)
    We aren't going to germinate our seed, just planting!
    We will have pictures soon

Attached Files:

4. Seed is in the dirt with a bag over it keeping in the moisture to help it come out of the soil. pictures coming soon! does anyone know how to add bone meal to water because i got happy frog bone meal and the only directions on it are to mix with top inch of soil?? i need help with that

5. So I've read all the posts. Here Your heat problem and odor problem would be simply solved by getting a 4" inline fan and a carbon scrubber. You have all the height to fit both of these. And they aren't too terribly expensive. I have tried cooling with computers and in summer months its almost impossible I've found unless you hook up a lot of them. And the carbon scrubber will eliminate your need to buy any other means of odor control. Also make sure your not exhausting the air your sucking out back into the room the safe is in. It will cause an increase in temps. Hope that helps
    -Hello

6. well we have ordered a 4' fan that is just going to be blowing around in there. Also we have ordered a few carbon filter already so we are gonna try them out. i have a big fan blowing in the closet which is blowing the "old" air out so it is getting new air and it brought the temp down to 84-86 and i hope when we get the 4' fan in there we can come down to around 80

7. Have you decided how to hook a carbon scrubber to computer fans. I would like to see how you do. Also those filters are rated for certain CFM's if you are not in that range you either will not have air sucking through the filter and it will not eliminate smell or have too much air being pulled through and that will clean the air either. But if all else fails a simple inline fan will work wonders in your small space. Good luck and keep us updated. I like your gun safe idea by the way.

Hello

8. so we have planted and we have the seed germinating now here is a picture of our home made germ dome. Made from papa johns trash bags

Attached Files:

9. i forgot to say it is in a 3gal bucket we wont be using a pot this big next time it is rather hard to get in and out of the grow box. Next time we plan on using a 2 gal or less

10. i have still not seen any signs of a seedling I am starting to get scared

11. ... thats no good, did you just plant it? the only seed i have just planted without pre-germinating took 7 days to break ground

12. yeah i just popped it in the ground about 1inch down. it has been 3days now and no signs of life ):

13. well make sure the soil is wet keep it humid and give it a few more days, dont give up yet

14. it will show eventually man 3 days isnt that long for soil

15. another day came and went no action yet. ill keep you guys posted.

16. So i woke up this morning and checked my baby and what do you know it finally broke ground!!!! i am so happy. here are some pics of the baby Hercules tell me what you think and any tips or questions you guys have.

Attached Files:

17. Few hours later and it begins
    Been reading(and seeing) quite a lot of negative responses to just planting the seed but so far so good! Day 3 and it seems to be alright :)
    Pretty stoked to post pictures of our progress

Attached Files:

18. Day 3 from planting the seed I mean*

19. So it has been a little over 24hours since i first saw the tip of the sprout. In the last day it has been growing non stop i feel as though if i watched long enough i would see it grow. The first sign of the sprout all i could see was the root and the two starter leaves one bigger than the other as you can see in the first sprout picture the stem was bent down. Then at about 12hours above ground it straighted out and i could see it turning light brown i could also see the start of the true leaves! they were just little babies now at about 29hours above soil it is about 1 or 2in out of soil with its true leaves getting bigger and the start leaves getting a bit bigger as well. I am having a bit of trouble with temps because the massive pot is blocking the out take fans im at 84 but as the plant grows bigger the pot will be lower than the fans allowing them to do there jobs and keep the thing around 80-82. please guys tell me what you think about it!

Attached Files:

20. lookin good!