Micro, grow, bloom AN. Please help me understand

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NZ_DWC, Aug 9, 2017.

1. #21 nobighurry, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    This is a blurb from article online hopefully it helps you get whati am talking about bro..
    I used off the shelf LEDs and CFLs but got tired of having to adjust them twice a day google "growing plants with off the shelf led light bulbs" there is some great info from growers its been too long I forget the grow site..,.(just looked its in icmag.com)
    The recommended interior fertilizer application rates for selected foliage plants are listed in Table 1. Application rates are recommended for four light intensities because plant's nutritional requirements change with a change in light intensity. When light levels are very low, below 75 ft-c, just the natural decomposition of peat moss and/or bark in potting mixes can provide sufficient nitrogen for most foliage plant species. At such low light levels, plants grow very slowly and use very small amounts of fertilizer. A common mistake interior technicians make is preparing one liquid fertilizer solution for all plants in an interior environment, disregarding the greatly divergent light levels in which the various plants are maintained. Typically, this causes the plants in the lower light levels to be damaged by excess salts accumulating in the growing medium, while plants in the highest light levels produce pale, weak, unattractive growth caused by under fertilization

• Like Like x 1
  2. I think I'm understanding it man, so basically if I have average lights I'm gonna get average energy to plants and they will be to weak to take in so much nutes and basically burn up or something? So you think depending on how much light they actually get I should maybe quarter the nutes? Probably safer to start low and see how they go right?
    This is the light I got man plus the cfls which I have not got pic of.

Attached Files:

3. You are exactly right a fast growing plant under a 1000watt hps is going to be able to use/process far more nutes and water then the same plant under a cluster of cfls, its not a super dramtic difference and is more important with hydroponics but I ran myself into nute lockout because I didnt realize it, I now grow totally organic in "water only soil" except i still add worm casting tea, coconut, aloe vera, malted barley and fulvic acid tea to give the soil/plants a huge kick start I also like to use a touch of silica, Working on getting a silica into the soil mix but I love walking into the grow room the morning after adding silica and seeing they have grown an inch overnight and are praying to the lights, well sorry i am rambling, you are on the right track bro its a good idea to start your nutes at 1/2 strength even if you had a 1000watts every strain has different likes some really dig heavy feeding others not at all plus they are in the business of selling product and want you to use the most a plant will accept usually your plants will grow just as well even better on half the strength they put onnthe label, Hopefully you found the growing with off the shelf leds site it will boost your confidence and give you ideas on set up some of these guys grow amazing meds with just led bulbs from a big box store, how many true watts are the bulbs you have? Bottom line IMO if you are happy with the harvest of the plants you grew thats ALL that is important bro!

4. Awesome man, having conversation like these are what get it dead set in my head, helps me understand it way more than reading 20 different approaches and getting confused lol.
    I don't actually know man probably not that great, I must say thought, the light they give off is intense it's very very bright so hopefully they actually work. Will keep you all posted and upload picks the second I flick the switch, cheers for ur advice mate

• Like Like x 1
  5. I built this over last couple weeks out of stuff i had laying around not finished obviously and so far I'm out of pocket roughly $140 pretty excited to get it going 20170811_165812.jpg 20170811_165650.jpg 20170811_165711.jpg 20170811_165735.jpg

6. One trick is to stretch the space blanket onto a piece of heavy cardboard or simular that way you have unlimited access and can eliminate wrinkles then staple your now covered cardboard onto walls of your box, walmart also sells a thicker emergency blanket it orange on one side and hammered foil on other it cheeap and much easier to work with, another option is a sheet of foam insulation from lowes etc. It has hammered foil on one side works great zero wrinkles..,,,

7. Great idea bro will use your cardboard idea, sadly wallmart and Lowes only exist in my dreams in my country

• Like Like x 1