Micro grow 1.0

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by donando, Jan 30, 2013.

1. This is my first micro grow! I'm going 12/12 from seed, all natural with maybe 2 or 3 2700k cfl bulbs. This is an experimental grow since its my first in 7 years. I'm growing these gals in medicine bottles to see how small I can actually go. I don't need any criticism so take it elsewhere. Pics will follow. Lol I really don't know what exactly will grow. The seeds are all mixed between lemon skunk, berry white, trainwreck, and possibly Durbin. Pics soon!

2. haha pill bottles, thats tiny. i cant wait and see if it can flower in a pill bottle

3. Its been done in shotglasses... why not? Lol If its successful, it will be pretty badass!

4. How much do you think it will yield??

5. Umm... idk... not a lot at all I guess. But its not really about what it will yield... I'm going LST but this is more about growing it till its finished. Afterwards, I may up the ante...

6. I have a Sativa in an egg cup, 0.0105668821 gallons of medium under 180watts of led and a 125w cfl lol..

Fun fun fun !!!

You can see it in my sig pic below...

7. Nice! I have to wait until I get paid, but as of now, its not stealthy at all... its in a box, on a shelf in my closet. But I'm about to build my grow box... oh, and an update... my seeds were done germinating this morning so as of an hour ago, its in soil!

8. Good luck mate,

I`ll pop in from time to time to see how its going ;)

9. Ok so tradgedy struck... the seed that I had planted just never popped up. Curious as to what was going on, I dug up my little seed and as it turned out... it never grew more than the taproot it originally had. Having a few backups, I get to germinating again. This time, I used the slight scuff meathod on 6 and after many anxious days and nights... nothing. Thankfully, a buddy came through and came over with some strawberry cough seeds that were not nearly as aged as my previous prototypes. So as of yesterday, round #3 of germination is underway... stay tuned... we will be right back after a word from our sponsors.

10. Oh and I ditched the medicine bottles... there would have been no way it would be sturdy to hold anything without falling. So instead, I found these little kids flower greenhouses at walmart and decided that this is what ill use for my mini j. Now remember, same concept will apply. Very small grow. Except now its in more of a small tray (exact same amount of dirt about 3/4 in. of soil. Again once it gets going ill post pics

11. My baby Strawberry had a taproot this morning!

12. *Officially in dirt* pictures when it sprouts!

13. Pictures of my setup... its ghetto as Fuck! But its all I have right now lol

ForumRunner_20130211_124406.png

ForumRunner_20130211_124426.png

ForumRunner_20130211_124506.png

14. makes me want to shout bonsai! either way, cool idea. I'm curious to see how it turns out in such a small amount of soil. Keep us posted!

15. Fun! I love experiments.

I've been thinking of rigging some ghetto box up like that to quarantine club clones before I bring them in with the rest.

The little pots do magically keep them smaller. However, they'll still have to reach maturity before they start to flower. Clones from a mature plant can start flowering at any size. So if you can start with clones, you can get much smaller flowering plants. But I'm guessing you don't have space for bonsai mothers and cloning if your original grow box is so little, so scratch that idea.

Are you feeding them any nutes? I would probably use nearly 100% earthworm castings or very old compost with such small pots. With such a small amount of soil, they'll probably start to yellow pretty quick if you don't add nutes or use very rich soil.

16. No I'm not using any nutes. Well... maybe I will but for something so small, it might die lol

17. Holy shit! Evidently, somebody needs to teach me how to germinate... ok here's what I do... correct me if needed.

1. Check seed for physical attributes. I.E. dark colors only, funky stripe patterns are my favorites.
    2. Sit in water for a day or two til taproot shows and shell cracked open.
    3. Plant
    4. Wait
    5. 2 days later, slowly carefully dig it up and check progress of taproot... (which at that point I find out that it looks no different than the day I planted it)

18. Personally I like the Papertowel Method. If you have good seeds it is 99.9% effective. You can find videos on youtube.

19. you worried about the heat in the cardboard box? what light you using? check my grow its cardboard too