Mick's Coco - K.I.S.S. - Scrog Method

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by MickFoster, Apr 24, 2017.

1. $140 for genuine air pots to my door.
    That's (10) 1 liter and (5) 9.2 liter.
    I dont need but 2 of each.

I think I'm going to use smart pots instead but follow everything else you recommended.
    Unless someone has some air pots they would part with ?

Also.... no go to the generic air pots?

Thanks.

Dennk
    Is

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. I'm not familiar with the generic air pots so I can't comment. It's not necessary to use air pots - I used to use 2 gallon buckets and they worked fine. Good luck with your grow.

3. Thanks Mick!

4. Thank you for sharing Mick ! Your work is a piece of art!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. flame emoji

6. So i'm trying to mix up a few days worth of nutes for my girls.
    Seems I can't get the maxibloom all dissolved? will this be an issue?
    Just flipped to 12/12, starting the twice a day feedings today...6 am when the lights come on and 3 pm....lights out at 6pm....this sound right?

I got explosive growth during veg....quite impressive actually.

thanks.

Dennis

7. Feed 1.5 hrs after lights on (takes about 1-1.5 hrs for plants to wake up), then again 5.5 hrs later. Dissolve maxibloom in hot water, grinding granules with spoon to aid in dissolution

• Like Like x 1
  8. I mix my nutes in 1 gallon milk containers. I put about an inch of hot water in the bottom add the MaxiBloom and shake for a few minutes until dissolved. I do a feed at 6 and another at 12- but that's just me. Thanks for your interest and good luck with your grow. :)

9. gh says those little red chips are dye to let you know you are using Bloom not Grow. Sometimes they never dissolve. Mixing ahead is usually a bad idea unless you have adequate aeration.

10. I'm only trying to mix 3 days worth.
    Everything I read said I shouldn't need aeration with DTW.
    I can certainly go get a bubbler and stone if you guys think it's needed.
    I work 24 hr. shifts so automation will make my life easier. If this doesn't work out I will go back
    to Sunshine Mix next grow.

11. no don't go back. If it goes funky on you add the airstone. Maxibloom is pretty clean by itself. If it didn't go funky we would all just be DWC. Don't go back. Stay on the path to simplicity. A drip system will keep it moving and aerated. Make sure you don't have any rotten eggs in your trash or you could end up thowing out your fresh nutes by mistake.

12. Here I am at F7. Using micks nutes but added big bud because I have it left over from last grow. Incredible growth
    Feeding twice/ day under my 8. Qb 132's.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. Scratch the big bud....was making my water in my bin disgusting.
    Do I need a bloom enhancer>?

14. I use Flower Fuel with my Masterblend powdered nutes. I don’t think Mick uses bloom booster with maxibloom though. I mix 50 gallons at a time and it lasts about 2 weeks. Ph to 5.5, it’s 5.8 by morning and let it rise to 6.3 through the week before dropping back to 5.5. I don’t aerate since I found it raises ph way too fast. Only adjust ph twice of so in two weeks

• Like Like x 1
  15. Do you still use this method Mick or have you found something better ?

I do love the coco vs my first grow with sunshine mix. Seems cleaner and explosive growth with the frequency of feedings...

• Like Like x 1
  16. According to GH's feeding schedule, when using Maxibloom, you can reduce in the last week and add some KoolBloom. Its only used in the last week, 0.5tsp/gallon I think.
    Do you need it? no.

17. No, I've moved on - I enjoy changing things up. :) My next grow will be original Hempy Buckets. I plan on doing Nugbuckets' mainlining technique and I'm going to use MaxiBloom, FloraNova Bloom, and Flora Micro/Flora Bloom on different plants to see if there is any difference.

I'm currently growing a couple autos in my closet in Hempy Buckets using 4ml Micro and 8ml Bloom. It's by far the easiest grow method I have ever done and I highly recommend it for beginners. The run off pH is always exactly the same as what goes in, no bugs, and I only have to feed every two days. With coco I was feeding twice a day in flower - with the Hempy I feed 1/4 of the amount I used in coco. I save on nutes, time, and water. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. KoolBloom was recommended to me by Tbone Shuffle - I'm going to try it on my next grow. I'll find out if I need it or not - should be fun.

19. Mick, btw, your method is pretty damn good, although I did have to monitor my Ph/TDS in runoff. At first it was always rising, now it is always falling. I fed her as low as 5.0 and as high as 6.1. She is being fed at 6.1 currently with a runoff at about 5.8. I only feed once (6L) per day.

Some other things I noticed was that the stretch did not last as long; only lasted about 1 week after switching. Here's a sloppy picture of my girl I took last week; she's in a 2x4.
    DSCF2041.JPG DSCF2044.JPG

20. Thanks. I would imagine the stretch time would be genetics and not the nutes being used. Nice looking plants. Consider doing Hempy's your next grow. :)

• Like Like x 1