Michigan grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by JohnnyFrisco420, Apr 4, 2019.

1. I would suggest getting those into bigger pots soon.

2. Clones I’m guessing ?

Sent from my iPhone

3. Yup! clones. i have them in a little soil just to get them rooted. Planning on repotting after i see which ones make it.

Also im sure some males will be present

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Plants look good brother I would suggest pulling them down and doing some lst by doing the the plants will bush out more and you will have more colas fighting to be the main cola which is very good lol giving you many more main colas the plant will grow more like a bush and less like a Christmas tree. By pulling them down and stretching them out you can double or even triple the yield very easily. Another I notice you don’t really have a fenced in enclosure and if you are in Michigan they are pretty strict and you leave yourself vulnerable to theives and small animals wanting to feed off your plants. Not trying to scare you or anything but I’ve heard of people haveing their plants seized for much less than not having them in a fenced enclosure. The law states plants must been in a locked enclosure not visible by the public so I would just look into it. When it comes to bending and stretching the plants they are very limber and can pulled down quite drastically it’s always good to wait after you give them a good watering to bend them cause they will be less likely to snap just slowly work the branches back and get a feel for it. If you happen to snap a branch just support it with some string or whatever you have around as long as the branch is some what connected they usually make a full recovery.

5. Thank you! I was actually about to do some lst ; I didnt really know how to do it until I just watch a video on it tonight ; will be doing the lay starting tomorrow or Sunday ; as far as being fenced in ; also just found that out and looking into figuring out means to put up a fence around it; do you know if it needs to have a lock on it ?

Thanks for the feedback ; first grow ever so there is so much to learn but I think I’m doing ok for my first time :)

Sent from my iPhone

6. Definitely looks good keep it up. Yes it needs to be locked enclosure. I would make that first priority Cheapest way to do would be to put 4x4 treated posts every ten feet and put some sort of plastic or house wrap up. You can make a door out of whatever. my first grow I used a piece of ply wood. I cut out a door and put some hinges on I’ll send you some pics in the morning when I can get out there. I would definitely check out weed skooling in YouTube he has a very helpful growing channel. Also I would adjust your cages so you that you have a opening so you can still bend and work on the plants as they continue to grow. Good luck brother any questions just give me a shout

7. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone

8. Am I doing this right ?:)

Sent from my iPhone

9. The idea is to bend the highest branches down so they are even with the lower ones. This causes the plant to send the top growth signals to multiple branches. Makes a bush.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. To do it effectively you would have to remove the first cage you put around the plants ( if that’s possible) then you want to stretch it out as much as possible without doing damage. Then reset your cage according to how it is after you stretch. Also always good to leave an opening on your cage so you can continue to stretch and clean up the plants as they continue to grow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah I won’t be able to remove the whole cage at this point ; there is so much growth through the fence ; what should I do then for these plants ?

Any suggestions?

Did I tie them down wrong ?

Sent from my iPhone

12. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone

13. On the plants you cant get the cages off of. I would gently feed the branches threw the wire. Cutting the wire if need be to make the opening bigger . Then just tie the branch to the outside of the welded wire fencing. Or drive a stake in the ground to tie the branch to.

Edit: More than likely it will grow out the top.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I should be able to get all my cages off and put up a bigger one around it ; I’ll
    Be getting more fencing on Friday and doing the rest of my plants the way I did the one that showed you.

Sent from my iPhone

• Like Like x 1
  15. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone

16. #77 JohnnyFrisco420, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    They are coming along very well now that I’ve spread them apart, what do you guys think ?

Sent from my iPhone

17. Looks pretty good man, I’ve LST 3 of my plants if you want to check out my outdoor grow journal I have pics of tie down and how it looked. They are nice looking bushes now

18. One plant is going into flower less than a week into flower. Pictures posted below ( don’t know if you can see )

Sent from my iPhone

19. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone