Michigan grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by JohnnyFrisco420, Apr 4, 2019.

1. This is my first grow ever and it will be outdoors :

Have 3 strains germinating right now

I’ll have to update later to post the strains I know 2 of them off the top of my head but not the third one (more like I don’t know how to spell it haha )

1. Howard the duck

2. Caturra Kush

3. Chemancipator ( think I spelt it right )

Will update more as I start growing them . Need to get a new light cuz mine is not strong enough for all 12 plants. Any suggestions for lights ?

Also they are regular seeds so hope to get at least 6 females out of this .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Day 3 ( 04/07/2019 )

Plants a little stretchy due to not strong enough light ; have a new light coming in the mail very soon ;

Seem to have a few fungus gnats as well . Maybe I’m watering too much ?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gnats could be from over water sure. Theyll get big if your starting them now! I look forward to seeing what comes of, could you move your light a little bit closer to combat the stretch?

Can also add a little more dirt, theyll just grow roots out the buried part of the stem and be a ok

Edit- not neccesarily from “overwater” but they do come when soil is quite wet for a long time

4. Ok thanks I’ll try to let the soil dry a bit more before watering .
    I’ll add some more dirt as well.
    And also I moved the light a few inches closer today. It’s about 11-12 inches away right now it’s a 100W led ( 50 actual watts ) hence why they are maybe stretching ? Anyways I’m still getting a t5 ho cfl coming in the mail this week: that should be good for them until they go outdoors ;

• Like Like x 1
  5. Coolio, im doing my first outdoor grow this season too! i have my first indoor grow currently halfway thru flower.

I’m doing other veggies as well, hope all is safe! Starting mine under two 24w ho t5’s... thought they were 50w ea when i bought them but oh well lol.. will only be used to get out of the seedling stage!

Then ill put them outside a couple hours a day before transplanting.

600w HID on my indoor grow working wonders.

And yeah the stretch is due to them wanting more light so hopefully that fixes it! They arent too bad, some peoples seedlings get so tall they fall over lol

Are you planting them straight into the earth or using pots?

6. Good luck on your first outdoor grow!

This is my first grow ever so I’m excited and nervous all at the same time; I want to grow some killer weed but don’t know if that will happen /:

I just bought a t5 ho (96w ) that will be replacing this led that’s not sufficient enough ;

And I’m planting straight into the ground ; I plan on digging 2’x2’ holes then filling with happy frog soil ; don’t have the resources this year to make my own soil ):

• Like Like x 1
  7. hello fellow michigander! just curious how you chose your varieties

8. They were free to me only reason I have those varieties .

• Like Like x 1
  9. So your feeding it with nutes when it gets to that point?
    Any plans for pest control?

10. Yes will start nutes in a few weeks actually; and I need plans for pest control right now ; I have a problem with stink bugs /: idk what to do

11. stink bugs are everywhere around me in flint, but i don't find them very attracted to the plants. I have killed hundreds of them around the house but only two in the grow rooms.

12. Got my T5 light today ; set At about 3.5 inches from canopy.

13. I thought about putting a couple outside this year. But i think i will keep it inside like i have been doing since i started. To many other things to deal with for free light.
    Hopefully we will have a great summer for this though.

I did think about putting up a small greenhouse. But the people behind me are not very nice so why give them something to try to cause me trouble.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of them outside!
    Good luck to you all.

14. Under their new light .

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Yes they seem to be happy to me as well. Let’s pray I have a great first grow with some good potent bud:)

Sent from my iPhone

16. Good info on the t5! Have mine ready to start the crops for this summers garden in! I have two t5s.. only 24w ea so ill probably start at 5 inches or so!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yes mine are 24w each bulb with a total of four bulbs (96w)

Sent from my iPhone

18. That will depend on strain as well as growing conditions. Outdoor typically will not be as good as indoor, but the yields are usually much much higher. Good luck i look forward to seeing your progress!