Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Michigan Dispensary list?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by alonewolf, May 15, 2010.

1. Marijuana Dispensaries has an updated list but with all of the the new openings who can keep up? Help other patients find their meds buy submitting the information as new dispensaries open.

2. I went to the dispensary in Mt. Pleasant yesterday. It was a two-hour drive, but it was worth it. I got plenty of meds for relatively cheap ($11/g and $15/g for AK-47 and Bubba Kush). The staff could be more knowledgeable when it comes to which strains treat which diseases, but I'm sure that will come in time. Love it...wish I could go more often. Now I have to try to make this stuff last until next time I go because I cannot afford the $20-$25/g that you see on the streets here, and going back to reggie is not something I want to do.

3. Just because law says no dispensaries don't mean shit.There are always people willing to risk it for the $$$.We have many dispensaries in Oregon no laws thow! WB

4. That's the thing .. the law doesn't say that at all.

A lot of people have said something like "it isn't in the law so it must be illegal."

Me? I don't think it works that way. That would be saying everything in the whole world is illegal until the government says it's not.

The government doesn't give me permission to breath. That doesn't make breathing illegal.

One thing is very clear.

--> There is no place in Michigan laws that says dispensaries are illegal. <--

5. And I really hope it stays that way. I don't know the full stories but I read a lot about busts and other such things on local forums.

6. it's possible that lansing as a city has laws that allow for dispensaries while the state is still a 'no-go' on it....similar to the way some big cities during the mid-late nineties realized that needle exchange was health issue and 'okay' needle exchange program within the city limits while the state kept giving them heck over it 'promoting drug usage'....

7. Some places work that way .. Most don't.

I would not sign over my plant rights just to purchase a gram or two.

8. No there isn't.

There were raids before Williamston. One was in Ann Arbor.

The law doesn't say no dispensaries.

Thank you. We need a :bowsdown: smiley.

9. #32 alonewolf, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2010
    Outta curiosity, what's the name of the dispensary in ann arbor that was raided? Everything I've read said the one in Williamston was the first, and they were looking at it as a test case.

By the way, http://www.kalamazooareacompassionclub.org/

10. re A2 .. They didn't arrest anyone that time.

re Williamston. Only the owner was arrested. The club was left open to operate. They thought 200 pounds was a little excessive. Most of which was at the owners home. They left over 100 plants and plenty of bud at the club.

11. As someone who lives in Ann Arbor and who cavorts with owners of hydroponics shops, local marihuana activists, caregivers, and owners of dispensaries, I am a bit shocked that no one I know has heard of this. Could you cite some details so I could research this?

12. #35 lessismore, Jun 15, 2010

I know the person who opened the dispensary. I tried my best to get invovled with the business due to my vast knowledge of strains and how their effects benefit various illnesses and/or conditions. The guy is kind of arrogant and honestly, many of the strains grown here are not what they are said to be. I gave it my best, and honestly, the stuff they have is good, but by far not the best available; and definately not are not based on effects & benefits for various illnesses. They know how to grow and sell what is said to be this or that, but do not have the knowledge of why it is beneficial for a specific illness and/or condition..

Anyone wanting to know about how certain strains and various terpenes effect and/or treat certain illnesses, please feel free to PM me here. I have been working on getting breeding project going b/c of what I see throughout the state in medical MJ. Treatments go far beyond just certain strains; it is how various phenotypes actually work to increase the beneficial effects. I know about ointments, balms, and various oils. I can make most, as well as how hash is beneficial for various illnesses and not so beneficial for others.

I really want to get involved, however most of these people into starting these places are way too arrogant and want to hear nothing of what I know and the knowledge I have to share.

I possess some of the best strains, and some of the best phenotypes for the treatment of Migraines, negative effects of chemotheraspy; such as: lack of appetite(Kushmore, Skunk #1(white pheno), Skunk #1 X NL #2) weakness(Thai X, Santa Marta Columbian, Michoacan, Cambodian), chronic pain(NL #2X5, NL #5, BC God Bud, Purple Erkle), these are just to name a few.

13. what would the closest dispensary to novi michigan be?

14. I'll be the first to admit that these dispensaries are likely opening for profit rather than getting the best medicine out there for cheap prices. The caregiving thing is pretty out of control right now too from what I hear (I cannot afford a caregiver, so I don't know for sure). I really hope more dispensaries keep opening with more knowledgeable people at the helm. The guy couldn't even tell me whether what I was buying was indica or sativa dominant let alone which strain(s) work best for IBS and GERD. :rolleyes:

I was just happy to be at a dispensary and finally getting good cannabis to be honest. It's a nice change after buying regs from shady dealers for the last six months. Though I wish there were closer sources, it's still better than buying off the street for $20-$25 per gram. If I had my way we would see a California-esque dispensary situation, but unfortunately there are people (even within the medical and legalization movement) that do not like the fact that they are surfacing. It would be nice to see knowledgeable "budtenders" but I'm not sure how long this whole dispensary thing will be allowed to continue. Perhaps you can find some like-minded people to start one of your own if you don't mind living on the edge of the law.

I would urge you to at least start caregiving locally if you aren't already. Too many caregivers now are just looking for a quick buck.

15. #38 sinsemillaplease, Jun 15, 2010
    That is not a dispensary. Kalamazoo has no public dispensaries... and no private ones to my knowledge. Again... the Kalamazoo Area Compassion Club is NOT a dispensary. Kalamazoo is my hometown... when one opens.. I'll probably be the first to let you guys know.

The Ann Arbor dispensary was raided in Mid March.

Nope no arrests.. but charges were filed. It is called Ann Arbor Patient 2 Patient Compassion Club/Dispensary. The owner, Tim Rice, is being charged with manufacture with intent to deliver. The medicine, computer and plants were seized. How did you guys miss this? It was/is Ann Arbor's first dispensary and this all occurred on 3/14/2010.

There is now a second dispensary open in Ann Arbor. I don't think your buddies are very in the know. I mean all of MINORML knows at the very least... that's a lot of people.

16. It is unfortunate that they cannot even give you an idea of what the strain is, or even whether it is Sativa, Indica, or a hybrid of both. IMHO these are things a person MUST know in order to provide the best possible medicine for the person in need. It is the same with caregivers; they grow what seems to either have flavor, bag appeal, or just a fancy popular name. The strains I seen at the MTP dispensary were not impressive IMO.

It is sad just anyone can become a caregiver, and over charge patients with little if any knowledge of what they are doing, and/or what they are growing. Yet, some-one like myself cannot even find patients to even attempt to register as a caregiver.

I'm working on this very project as we speak. I'm hoping to work with some people in the area of consulting them on what strains are beneficial for specific illnesses and/or conditions.

17. Surprisingly, Battle Creek just got a dispensary! Strange for such a semi-small town.