Michele Bachmann + repubs.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TJay, Aug 22, 2011.

1. All I know is, when her husband said he "received Jesus at the age of 16" I'm pretty sure he meant the strapping young lad who cleaned the pool.

Seriously, this guy is gayer than a picnic basket. More queer than 8 guys blowing 9 guys.

Also yeah, she's nuttier than a shithouse rat. She's only in the race to make the other candidates look more sane and by the first of the year she'll be out of the race and doing something more her speed, like giving handjobs for magazine subscriptions or sniffing glue in the bathroom of a Wegman's.

2. Had to bump this thread to post this

just ridiculous....this woman is crazy

yes, she actually said that

3. #23 Lenny., Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
    Well that's pretty much what it is like right now. Take it from me, started schooling in Connecticut, moved to Florida, then back to Connecticut, then to Arizona. The ways of teaching and teaching quality are way different. I went from Good, to bad, to good, to the worst, in that order.

My dad's dad was in the Navy and had to move a lot. My dad went to several schools over his years, and because of that didn't really get a good education. I personally think high school in its current form is a waste of time.

My dad got higher schooling and is making a lot of moeny, but I didn't get higher schooling as a result of Arizonas shitty education system, as well as my choices, and the aftermath really sucks.

In my experience, the Department of Education is a waste and inteferes with education. I remember having to stop what we were learning in order to prepare for standardized tests forced upon us by the federal government.

Now, I am a political moderate, not a libertarian, but I am in favor of eliminating pointless government departments, Education being one of them.

Though, I'm not saying if it isn't specifically written in the Constitution, then it isn't allowed. For one, we wouldn't have an airforce. Two, a lot of our founding fathers were federalists who loosely interpreted the Constitution, which barely passed. In fact, they purposely left out slavery to please the South and also in blind faith that it would be disallowed in the distant future. I personally think the founding fathers knew that there would be things unforseen by them, so I don't think a strict interpretation of the Constitution is correct.

4. This process is called a constitutional amendment, and has a specific way of happening, foreseen by the founding fathers. Acting outside of the Constitution with no amendment is more or less the same as throwing the rule book out the window.

5. #25 Lenny., Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
    I agree. All I am saying is that there has always been an ideology in extance where basically "if the constitution doesn't say that i CANT do something, I can do it"

6. Air Force is considered part of "armies" that Congress can raise and support.

Even if there is any question about it then Congress could easily update it with an amendment.

The problem is when things are created out of nowhere, like the national right to food, housing and health care.

7. This is true for the individual, not Government. The point of the Constitution+Bill of Rights and their design as a rulebook for freedom is that citizens can do anything except a defined number of things delimited by penal codes, while Government can only do the things it is given a mandate to do--provided the actions of Government don't collide with the Bill of Rights.

This is Rule of Law (as opposed to a boundless Government, which is the Rule of Man).

8. Education should be on a sliding scale in each individual community according to the individual students' needs. Gotta face reality, some kids learn less fast than others. It should just be implemented in such a way where there isn't resentment between students.

When I lived in England though, which also has a pretty daft education system, mind you, they split us up into reading groups based on skill. And there wasn't really resentment, and we were even only in the equivalent of 3rd grade.

In high school in the US, we were also split by ability in math - you could take the lowest form, regents, or you could take the next year's honor's a year early if you were so inclined.

I think this system should be explored further and its limits extended to all abilities, so that we can educate everyone to the best of their ability. This way, we'd be raising little functioning members of society way more than we're doing now in most places.