Michael Phelps facing charges now?!

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by SRQChronic, Feb 3, 2009.

1. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,487304,00.html

honestly, I love it how cannabis is still portrayed as a sinister, evil narcotic. And they are so obsessed that they want to press charges now? Such b.s. How can they press charges from a photo??

2. #2 theVirtuoso, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
    this is just so ridiculous I want to laugh at the idiocy of some people... it's 2009 mother fuckers get out of the reefer madness days!

3. lol what the hell. That narcotics guy from SC seems like a douche dumpster.

4. bullshit.

that's all it is.

did he hurt anyone?
    did it affect him in his work?
    did ANYTHING AT ALL happen besides him takin a few nice rips to the dome?

i think not.

5. no shit people post milk shots all day long lol

6. Don't worry guys, they're just talking shit, he didn't get caught with drugs so they can't anything to him.
    Besides, if he goes to jail we might as well say bye bye to any future gold medals.

7. A classic example of how everyone at Fox News is full of Republican idealized bullshit. Fuck marijuana prohibition.

8. Oh give me a fuckin break people. These fucking cunt wads need to get a life. lol You would think consitering that we have several states with mmj laws that the government would get the bug out of their ass over this. He "confessed" because he was forced into it, either confess or lose your sponsors.

9. #9 Five To One, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
    yes they can, they have picture evidence, he admitted and he is on probation for a DWI.

poor guy, i feel so bad for him. He did everything perfectly in his life and people are just trying to fuck him left and right now.

10. Now this is NEW news.

That is some bullshit, but if he was on probation than he should have known better than to pose for a photo.

I wonder how many threads on this topic will be created..?

-C

11. "In Richland County, possession of marijuana is a misdemeanor - punishable by up to 30 days in jail or a $570 fine, the Post reported."

How does this translate to a picture of his mouth to a bong. I guess everyone who smoked at that party should go to jail also, but wait since there not famous and didn't get there picture taken means there okay.

They must just be mad Micheal Phelps gets to be the man 24/7 and win medals and be a beloved american hero, but he also gets to smoke pot, and they can't or don't want to.

I just can't wait till a time arises when smoking marijuana will just be as simple as people that smoke or don't smoke, with none of this legal shit involved. Which will probably be never.

12. i kinda like all this news popping up..obamas gonna be forced into a corner soon

13. Damn, that's a boner killer.

14. They were showing some letters that were sent in to CNN one of them which I am quoting from

"He has done something ILLEGAL and that makes him a criminal. Our athletes of today should be drug tested to keep competition safe for everyone"

Inhaling smoke makes you a criminal.. Call me an outlaw!

15. Arrest him for what? All he has to do is claim it was tobacco in the bong. I'm sure his buddies will back him up.

16. I love how they say there punishing him like everyone else but there trying to prosicute ( sorry can't spell) because of pictures. They would never do that with anyone else.

17. Ha! I'm sure that $570 fine will really make a dent in Phelp's wallet.

18. Fuck that, he better not get arrested.

19. It's a little late for that. He already admitted he was smoking weed

20. Id say let this be a lesson to all that post photos of their face and weed. Probably not a good idea.