MH vs HPS lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hosbitalized, Feb 3, 2010.

1. #1 Hosbitalized, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010
    so i have a 400w MH bulb and ballast but only plan on using it to veg with during my first grow, when i put that room into flowering i plan on already having a separate smaller area for moms/clones/vegging running on CFLs and will be making the room with the MH in it a permanent flowering room. I know that HPS is better for flowering, but how much better? and is $115 a good price for a new 400w HPS light and ballast? Im paranoid about ordering a conversion blub to an address im growing at or i would consider getting a conversion blub to save money on another ballast

2. $115.00 is really cheap for a reflector and ballast. most ballasts are more expensive than that.

3. #3 Hosbitalized, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010
    its $115 for just the plan bulb and ballast. i was hoping that if i replace the ballast instead of getting a conversion bulb i would at least be able to use the same hood i already have

4. That is still really cheap I paid about 100 just for my 400 watt hps bulb. and the ballast was like 200 or something.

Yeah you should be able to do that. You could just get a galaxy and you can run both MH and Hps off of it. (not at the same time of course)