Mh - Hps

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bdoo, Sep 25, 2007.

  1. I have a gorw light in my garage complete with reflector and Balast (balast is the control box thing - seperate from the reflector right?) I believe it is a MH and I will have to dbl check about the wattage. When it comes time to flower can you take out the MH bulb and replace it a HPS bulb of the same wattage? Not sure how these work but I don't want to fork out the cash for a whole new system. Any info is certainly appreciated.
  2. Unless you have a switchable ballast then no you can't interchange bulbs. They do however make MH and HPS conversion bulbs that allow them be run in the other type of ballast.
  3. Thank you. I'll try to find some.

Share This Page