MH/HPS question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kr1nge, Sep 2, 2008.

1. whats up! I have some K2's and WW's ready to go into flower. This is my first grow with my 600w MH, but I've done 2 previous grows with the 600w HPS that I have (22 weeks of total use)
    my HPS is still ticking (and I don't know for how long it will still be good), but I am kinda strapped for cash, and I'm wondering if I could kick on the 12/12 with MH for some of the flowering. What would be your recommendations as to keeping my HPS bulb from croaking? I'm hoping to have some dried and cured buds by thanksgiving to aid in my holiday feast ;)

2. thoughts? comments?

3. mh will work just fine for flowering. why not just hook both up and when the hps dies out o well. more watts=more buds. your bulb probably will not die i use my bulbs for atleast a year before getting new ones and its not even because they die

4. lowes home impovement store sells HPS bulbs for very cheap... think I saw them for like $17.00 dollars

5. True..but I doubt what you were looking at was a 600w... I believe the highest they go is 400w.

MH is fine... not as good as HPS, but hey, it's homegrown.... it can handle a slight lack in the 'proper' light spectrum and still be kick ass.