Mh And Vegge...ugh

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by w0034, May 25, 2013.

1. Ok, there's obviously some connection I'm not making here.  My girls look great right up through until they get some size.  ONce they are too big (I have 12 legally) I move them out from under two 8 bulb 4' T5's, under two 600w MH with XXXL hoods.  This time more than last, they stretched ALOT.  I thought with added light they would stretch less?  Another thing worth mentioning is that I've been waiting for 10G pots to arrive, and they may have been a tad root bound in the 3 gallon pots.  I know that's kind of a big jump, but it's what i can do right now. 

I have buddy's with T5's sitting alot higher above the plant canopy in vegge than I do, and I think there's look better.  Is the MH 'too much' light?  Having a hard time rationalizing why they would stretch under my conditions.  Tehy have two oscilating fans on them, feeding per recommended dosages H+G nutes.  Temp running mid to high 70's. 

My gut feeling is maybe the lights are too close.  But it's not burning them at all. 

Any thoughts?  This is really baffling me.  :(

Thanks,
    w00

2. stretching is caused by lights being too far away not too close.

3. ^ what he said

Sent from device_name using Grasscity Forum App

4. Why are you using two Veg lights? Are you vegging them to get bigger under MH? What size light? How far from plants?