Mh and hps same time ok?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Daddygrow, Jun 11, 2012.

1. K I got a 175 watt metal halide stadium light from a demo today, I can't find any info if it would be good idea for me to add it to my setup I have a 150 hps at moment just wondering if MH would help enough to signify extra power consumption :) ty for any advice or suggestions I'm attaching pic where I plan to mount it

Attached Files:

2. Blending HPS & MH bulbs creates an excellent light spectrum for growing; one of the best available. The biggest problem with such a setup is evenly blending the two lights over a large area. Light movers are often employed to overcome this difficulty. There are also lamps designed to hold one of each bulb that can be used in addition to or instead of light movers to help blend the light better.

3. [quote name='"Jellyman"']Blending HPS & MH bulbs creates an excellent light spectrum for growing; one of the best available. The biggest problem with such a setup is evenly blending the two lights over a large area. Light movers are often employed to overcome this difficulty. There are also lamps designed to hold one of each bulb that can be used in addition to or instead of light movers to help blend the light better.[/quote]

Awesome Ty thought about doing a dual bulb reflector :) glad it good idea