MH and HPS at the same time?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Quite Colorful, Jan 3, 2007.

1. I have had several small grows that have turned out succesfully using HPS lighting. I am now embarking on a grow of much greater proportions, thus investing much more money. If both HPS and MH lights were to be used, would it be better to use them in conjunction with one another, or MH for veg. and HPS for flowering?

2. yes mate,mh for veg,hps for flowering

3. i believe he's asking if it's better to use the two at the same time, not which color for which stage. imho anything that produces a fuller spectrum of light is good, and more light is always better. i'd run both of those lights.

4. Yes, all the videos or things i have read say it is best to have BOTH lights on them. I dont know if only during flowering or if vegging gets a worth while benefit aswell. I know flowering for a fact though. Hence the Agrosun FULLSPECTRUM lights IMO are best. although spendy.

5. Yes both during flower, I don't believe that the same is true for veg though, however you only need 1/2 as much light so just use the MH during veg and switch the HPS on during flowering and run the MH as well.

6. MH alone during veg works better than using both during veg (have no clue why)

For flowering the use of both is better than HPS alone.

7. Awesome, thanks a lot.

8. In my local grow shop, they have a "fan" circling with 4 lights on it. One is a HPS, and the other 3 are Metal Halide. They each provide a different part of the spectrum. They all circle above the plants at a pretty fast rate, too. The people working there tell me it works amazing.

Of course, they're growing peppers... But their yield is in the pounds.