Mg....??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Fari Warrior, Mar 9, 2013.

1. What's the prob wid MG?? Where I'm from that's what planterz usually use....so I don't overstand....please elaborate

2. Most people that "hate" it have never tried it. That is the problem with it. It is more of forum fiction that you can't grow anything good with it. Are there better options? Of course, but it doesn't mean that it isn't an option at all. Back before organics made a come back, before roots organic, fox farm etc that is what all the old times were using and they grew just fine.

3. I C...cuz I only hear this tlk online n I use MG consistently....20-20-20 and occasionally 15-52-15 n once ya flush properly evrytng will be level

4. I've tasted outdoor bud grown with mg I wasn't a big fan..

5. Its garbage and full of chemicals dont wantthat in my high quality meds organics only. Mg is for mexican farmers growing illegaly in our forest preserves somewhere fuckers.

6. ya bro not to knock anyones techniches but it tasted like tin foil to me..

7. [quote name='"Fari Warrior"']I C...cuz I only hear this tlk online n I use MG consistently....20-20-20 and occasionally 15-52-15 n once ya flush properly evrytng will be level[/quote]

Just do you're own research and you would be surprised. Mg is compareable to the stuff in the hydro stores at half the cost. Anybody who claims they can tell what was grown from mg and what wasn't is full of shit.

8. what are you the miracle grow representitive or something? I said I tasted a garden grown with mg it was boo boo..

9. And I've tasted some bunk with organics. You're point?

10. my point is this ruff.. if you are so far out of the loop.. that you want to use miracle grow.. ur soil probably sucks, ur gardening skills probably suck, and you probly aint gonna do nothing worth posting on here, thats all ruff..

11. They are owned by monsanto.... need I say more?

12. I don't use mg. I am a tester. I've tried a lot of different shit. I have to compare a lot of products to others. I use facts, you use opinions. That is where we differ. So go ahead and try to say my soil, skills or whatever suck without actually doing any homework on it. Compare a bottle to anything you see at a hydro shop and if you have any understanding you will see it is all the same shit. If you are to lazy to do that I can get on my computer when my wifi works again and do it for you. There is actually a great post with facts in a grow log somewhere I will see if I can find it

13. Reggie seed 2x in outdoor grow log. Its on page 2 half way down. Broken down and compared with real facts. Have a good day

14. dang bro settle down.. what? you been smokin miracle grow.. that shit gets you all crazy just like you are acting right now.. like roid rage or something.. hahahaha..

15. Get him. Here is a little food for thought.

I take soil seriously, and get downright obsessive about it. As a research assistant for the USDA, I spent four years mixing soil blends and know it really, really makes a difference. I smell soil, feel it, and sometimes taste it (yuck, I know). I wouldn’t grow a plant in anything that I wouldn’t be willing to taste. Having a degree in Chemistry gives me the inside scoop as to what is happening chemical wise, and sometimes its not nice.

Think about it, soil is the foundation of growing a plant. Plants need sun, water and nutrients, and those nutrients are in the soil. Those nutrients aren’t limited to just the big three, Potassium, Nitrogen and Phosphorus either. Those nutrients include iron, magnesium, calcium, zinc, you know, all the stuff we take in the vitamin pills to supplement our bodies with the stuff that is not fruit and vegetables anymore. Yes it’s true, we have less vitamins and minerals in our food than our grandparents did because of big factory farms and chemical fertilizers.

Occasionally someone will come and ask me if I have Miracle Grow products, I really don’t want to get all record store attitude with people but no, I don’t and there are many reasons why. In short, Miracle Grow is like wonder bread, yes it’s cheap, it fills you up but at the end of the day its not good for you, or the planet. I wouldn’t use it for house plants, or for the food I eat. Yes its cheap, but sometimes cheap is expensive, and here’s why.

Miracle-Gro and Hyponex are produced by the Scotts Company, a billion dollar chemical company that also produces fertilizer, bagged soil, pesticides, and hoses. Miracle-Gro Fertilizer is a chemical based, INorganic fertilizer, Miracle Grow soils contain peat and inorganic fertilizers (those yummy grow crystals). Scotts also makes Hyponex, the worst soil on earth, its made of construction waste and crap, its so bad that the Colorado State University released a warning, http://www.coopext.colostate.edu/4dmg/Plants/pottmix.htm and was a topic of a lengthy discussion on a popular gardening site (http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg0520500510183.html) Who wants that?

These are soils that are sold at your local hardware stores and orange big box stores that call themselves “garden centers”.

It makes me sad to see this crap being used to grow food that our kids are eating and it makes me angry to see it being sold in local stores. They don’t care about you, your plants or the planet, they just want a cheap product that will make a buck.

Here is whats wrong with inorganic fertilizers.

SALTS

Using inorganic fertilizers over a long period of time will decrease the available nutrients in the soil, depleting it of the building blocks that plants need to make VITAMINES.

PESTICIDES

In 2008, the EPA ordered the Scotts company to recall two Miracle-Grow products because they contained trifuralin, a herbicide. This ingredient was not listed on the label. Herbicides are a commonly known carcinogen. Who knows what else is not listed, I don’t, its a trade secret.

ENVIRONMENT

Many of the ingredients in inorganic fertilizers do not come from sustainable resources. Coal and Gas are used to produce the nitrogen used in Miracle Grow. The excess salts that are not absorbed by the plants are washed into local water sources. These are the nutrients that responsible for excessive algae growth which create “dead zones” in our rivers, lakes and oceans (yes oceans).

Miracle Grow Soil is a peat based soil, peat is a non-renewable resource. Hyponex Soil is made from construction waste and sewage debris, not something I would taste.

OTHER INGREDIENTS

Miracle Grow potting soil contains OTHER INGREDIENTS, these include plastics, wetting agents and peat, a non sustainable resource. These ingredients have not been tested or proven to be safe for use with FOOD!!!!!> Most wetting agents are detergents and many are known carcinogens.

Miracle Grow does have an “organic” line of products, these also have wetting agents, peat, and who knows what else. In my opinion, who would want to support a billion dollar chemical company that is single handily responsible for polluting our environment and depleting the food we eat of nutrients, I don’t.

Anyhow, no, we don’t sell Miracle-Gro and we never will.

We do sell soil that is made with organic ingredients, worm droppings, leaves, compost, bird poop, all the stuff that makes for a list of THOUSANDS of available nutrients. All the stuff that makes plants grow better and food to taste better and all from renewable resources. All the soil we sell and use is made within 100 miles of our shop. We carry a few brands but Organic Mechanics is one of my favorites. I have met the dude who makes it, his name is Mark, and he is decent person, a person with a soul and a conscience. http://www.organicmechanicsoil.com/. That is a great foundation for healthy living.

Anyhow, enough with record store attitude, I have some growing to do.

16. Yup. Crazy because I just showed you a thread with facts of mg compared side by side to what is sold in local hydro shops. Crazy me for wanting facts when looking into products.

17. sorry i forgot to look at ur thread brother .. lol can't we start over.. haha..

18. Lol.....I ain't no Mexican n neither am I located anywhere near the US....but I do use MG

19. I've smoked excellent herb grown with MG.....not my fault ur link was faulty

20. A proper flush is all that' required if u can taste anything u put 2 tha weed......@ anyrae as I've said MG is de #1 cannabis where I'm from and insofar as availability is concerned when it comes to brandz I C ya tlkin bout....we dnt have no fox farm r ocean frog r w/e it name , no voodoo juice r earth juice or advanced nutrientz etc....we do have welgro standard plus,osmocote, phostrogen and 1 r 2 more.....we use wat we got which is MG, all kinds of manure and sun, we dnt have no winter season so we grow all yr almost 100% organic give or take for tha rastafari who dnt do chemicals for the most part.....I myslf am rastafari I hate chemicals bt MG is more of a complimentary use type thing....not a main stay n I must say I mos def hate de idea of handlin blood or bone meal 4 my plants even as organic nutez.....